Author Topic: can palladium chloride be made...  (Read 5082 times)

jaws

can palladium chloride be made...
« on: November 21, 2002, 08:44:00 PM »
Can palladium chloride be made from a piece of palladium metal?

Jaws tried to UTFSE for this answer but nothing came up. :o

pHarmacist

yes
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 08:50:00 PM »
Visit rhodium.ws before asking in forum:

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/palladium.chloride.txt

"Turn on, Tune in and Drop Out"

jaws

jaws
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2002, 09:07:00 PM »
Jaws just checked this out and it seemes it would be much more simple to just order it. Not that it sounds hard to make but it seems you'd need to many ordered chems. which would defeat the purpose of making it to avoid ordering another chemical. :P

Organikum

UTFSE ? if than wrong
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2002, 09:10:00 PM »
You are not telling the truth or have to inform yourself on the use of the search machine better.
I would say: inform yourself!  :)

a tip: search for "lugh" as author of the post.

ORGY

now or never

pickler

All the chems you need are otc.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2002, 09:10:00 PM »
All the chems you need are otc.

I went into the business for the money, and the art grew out of it.-Charlie Chaplin

pupilage

palladium chloride
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2002, 11:26:00 PM »
is costly but not at all a watched chemical. Order from a photo shop and forget about p-benzo do the O2 wacker.
I almost feel like doing a photo work up of how to build a KRV (ketone reaction vessel) just so everyone can see how simple this is. Plus you do not have to remove hydroQ from your ketone so the work up can be done without the Lye wash or if you just have do a NaHO  for nastalgic reasons you can do a 2% wash and not burn up ketone.
The problems that were voiced about O2 wacker early on had to do with failures that came from people trying to do it with out pure O2. They were trying with plain atmosphereic O2 levels at high pressure and there just is not enough O2 to drive the reaction that way so the failures.
Do the Ritter O2 using IPA (it works the best,best yields swim has found so far)
PdCl not watched.
CuCl not watched.
O2 not watched.
O2 from a welding unit is fine almost pure.
O2 wacker is in my book the best way to go for the novice or pro alike.
PdCl is recoverable from the reaction and reusable.
Can you say cost effective.
I know that was off topic but just buy your PdCl and don't worry about it remember you are a home hobbist that wants to develope his own pictures for art sake.

"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

GOD

write-up with pics?
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2002, 11:35:00 PM »
please do, this synth looks VERY appealing for alot of different reasons, and there is far to little discussion about it here on this board IMO.  Specially since p-Benzo appears to be gaining more and more scrutiny, and oxone is a pain in the ass.

Im not the bearded man upstairs, Im a bald guy with a healthy penis. So open yer pie-hole!

pupilage

If Swim does
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2002, 12:40:00 AM »
Should it be placed in the Methods section or here in NewBee?

"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

BlingBling

an idea..
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2002, 01:04:00 AM »
Is it possible to use an autoclave for a pressure vessel? I know they are generally rated at 20psi, but that is hot steam, would it be any different if it was pressurized without the heat?

Would the aluminum housing react in any way with the contents?