Author Topic: help silly question  (Read 4111 times)

UKBEE

help silly question
« on: November 18, 2002, 05:33:00 PM »
could swim use acetic acid(distilled white vinegr) to make metcathinone.acetate ?

I love the smell of Ketone in the morning.

thatisadamnshame

Yes.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 05:42:00 PM »
Yes, I have a link to a metcathinone.acetate synth using acetic acid. If you'd like it let me know.

Villains always blink their eyes.

pHarmacist

Not a stupid question
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 05:45:00 PM »
Yes. But you are making N-acetyl-2-toluidine a pre-cursor to quaalude. The reaction time is longer when using glacial acetic acid, but on the other hand it's cheap as cheapskate, you also use twice the volume of acetic acid compared to anhydride (x2). Someone who isn't me also noticed slightly better yields with anhydride.

Oh! I'm sorry, you asked about the salt. heheh, I feel stupid now, well yes... You can use any acid, you can use citric acid if you want...

Shit, I'm tired its 3 in the morning.

"Turn on, Tune in and Drop Out"

UKBEE

Cheers guys
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002, 07:30:00 AM »
I ended up making the acetate salt using distilled white vinegar.. but unfortunatly I managed to let it get a bit to warm when drying and have brownish xtals now.. used the cold knmo4 reaction and got good yield 1.22g of pseudo.htcl in (from 24 *60mg ethanol only extract)  and got 1.05g out..

I have to admit the CAT effect are quite shortlasting but smoking it does produce quite a nice buzz..

anyone know what the relative strength of cat to plain ole amphetamine sulphate is ?

also the solubility of pseudo in various solvents ethanol /methanol etc etc.

Gotta fix my hcl gassing apperatus..:-)

I love the smell of Ketone in the morning.