Author Topic: Don't get distracted:The main thing about P2P meth is that there's so much of it  (Read 35544 times)

Offline arkoma

• Subordinate Wasp
  • TANSTAAFL
possession of pseudoephedrine in mexico carries a term of 1-3 years....................

Was of course referring to P2P related chemicals.

I realize that; most folks though don't realize that ONE 30mg red hot can carry that penalty.  The US dept of State or Customs one, I forget even has warnings about OTC cold remedies can land you in prison in Mexico.

Come on, this is not rocket chemistry.
They have capable chemists too nowadays.
Its much more lucrative and your family even receives protection/or alternatively threats if you don't want, etc.
Or somewhere in between, those are not barbarians either.
I would do it, living there.
Even if I would not use drugs.
Easy decision.

Absolutely, and certainly not barbarians. I've spent a fair amount of time in fairly small city Mexico. 10, 15000 people maybe? They're just as kind, sweet and generous as any people on earth once you transcend politics.  The drug market in the United States is probably the size of the rest of the worlds put together.  When people have hungry children, by damn, they figure out how to feed them FIRST, and the law, especially of a foreign country is of little concern.

ERGO

.Makes absolute sense for El Mencho to manufacture from "phenylacetal" feedstocks as they are just too ubiquitous and The Mexican Government can partially get the US three letter agencies off their back by being harsh on ephedrine precursors. It really amazes me at times why Mexico hasn't told us to just fuck off, as we aren't really very good neighbors. (The United States}

{slightly political comment]
US members, register, VOTE help end the OBSCENITY of the "War On Drugs", and ex-felons can vote in 48 states without a hassle, so dammit, get yourselves heard.
[end of hopefully non inflammatory comment]
"We seek infinite addiction potential... if you can put it down, its not strong enough!" Tramp RIP

Offline jacolives

• Dominant Wasp
The warmest, most generous, easiest to smile people
I’ve met on the planet.

El Mencho on the other hand? Well it’s not for me to judge, I’ve made my own mistakes in life.  But… to provide for your family and community is one thing.  But when you spill the blood of so many on the streets in the name of greed.  I do not support the USA in doing this either, it just looks different and is done slowly through the oppression of the ruling class.  There are three poisons that are the root all this suffering: greed, hatred and delusion. The antidotes are simple: Generosity, Love, and Wisdom.
quisieron enterrarnos, sin saber que eramos semilla

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
Leche frita.

Eh you mexican visitors, tell me what was the age of consent there again? ;)
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline tolkien187

• Pupae
Fuck d00d, you can even turn P2P chiral easily.
The yield might be low, but its chiral.
Racemization exists.
AIBN is on a watched list now because of this.
They fucking even reuse the levo, this obviously means!

Interesting. Do you think they do it on already chirally resolved l-enantiomer, or racemic mixture?

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
They use it on the resolved l-meth, and those who use it, use it on pure l-meth, because those have a high degree of sophistication.
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information

Offline jacolives

• Dominant Wasp
They use it on the resolved l-meth, and those who use it, use it on pure l-meth, because those have a high degree of sophistication.

Could you provide a reference for this ?  I am not having much luck searching.

-edit- never mind I found it
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:57:20 PM by jacolives »

Offline arkoma

• Subordinate Wasp
  • TANSTAAFL
"We seek infinite addiction potential... if you can put it down, its not strong enough!" Tramp RIP

Offline Rawhide Kobayashi

• Dominant Wasp
Not that we have meth on our planet but; Ich don't think so.  Just no.  P2P meth? No.

Your a cartel lord; WHY WOULD YOU WORK UP TO P2P? Please tell us why. Why when you can call your sino-soviet cartels and get the proper enantiomer foodthings by the drum, by the drum, by the drum.

Hell they avoid P2P like the plague. Logic time, not to be a dick.  But its time to think logically.

Methinks this fellow is speaking from his behind  ::). According to the DEA's own literature, over 99% of seized samples in the US have impurity markers identifying a P2P synthesis route, and of those, the isomeric purity is nearly 98%. This information is published yearly as part of their 'Methamphetamine Profiling Program'.

Offline DerAlteSack

• that creep in the corner of the strip club
  • Founding Wasp
  • no lunch, wild guesses, realistic self appraisal
DEA always speaks the truth? Na, not really....
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2021, 05:16:14 AM »
Comrade d00d seems to have partaken in some deliriants before posting, he may be excused, but one might not forget that DEA publications are primarily a means of politics and not of science.

All this has not very much to do with meth or P2P or anything like this, it is just easy to blame meth for much more fundamental shortcomings. But it is not my country not my problem, not that I could do anything about it.
Good luck.

PS: I just read some testing results from Canada and there they find a lot of ISO in the meth. Same in NY. Maybe they should outsource the testing to the DEA for more consistent results?
The key to happiness is never to argue after you made your point

Offline jacolives

• Dominant Wasp
Re: DEA always speaks the truth? Na, not really....
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2021, 05:41:12 AM »
Comrade d00d seems to have partaken in some deliriants before posting, he may be excused, but one might not forget that DEA publications are primarily a means of politics and not of science.

All this has not very much to do with meth or P2P or anything like this, it is just easy to blame meth for much more fundamental shortcomings. But it is not my country not my problem, not that I could do anything about it.
Good luck.

PS: I just read some testing results from Canada and there they find a lot of ISO in the meth. Same in NY. Maybe they should outsource the testing to the DEA for more consistent results?

I suspect this has more to do with the peculiarities of the meth market in New York.  Despite being a major population and drug center, methamphetamine has really only arrived in New York in the last couple of years. I suspect this is a simple case of local distributors trying to increase profits by diluting what they sell.  Once the area is properly flooded with already cheap very pure meth, the consequences of a free market will put these types of people largely out of business.  Canada is a similar story, by consequence of there being a second border to cross… methamphetamine on the street level is likely much more expensive than it is in ALL of the United States, and there is significantly less of it. The price for going across an international border isn’t the same for each border necessarily either. Let’s say one unit of meth costs 25 Kerplizzles (25 K) in Mexico.  Well the price might double to 50 K per unit just for crossing the border.  Then it is moved to a northern state and all of the sudden the wholesale price is 100 K.  So it arrives in Canada.  Does the price go up only to 125 K?  No it might go up to 150 K or maybe 200 even.  200 Kerplizzles for one measly unit of methamphetamine that cost only 25 Kerplizzles in Mexico last Tuesday!  This is assuming wholesaling… what the end user pays is a different story.

Offline aes256

• Founding Wasp
I have a post in the Law section that summarises some interesting points from the UNODC's annual report on drug and precursor seizures for various countries around the world. I think it paints a pretty representative picture of what the synthesis trends are for meth (and numerous other illicit drugs) if you're across all the ways in which it can be made.

It's where I first learnt of "AIBN" being used for racemization but I haven't seen this compound or the process it's used for mentioned anywhere in the underground literature we'd be likely to come across. Everyone still on that tartaric trip :shrug_emoji:
Quote from: Eleusis
However, I had serious misgivings about sharing because my quest was one for knowledge and experience while, I knew, for most others it would be for purely economic reasons.

Quote from: Orange
you can always dont make things.
but u cant always make things happen.

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
Canada has its own domestic production of meth.
Due to the reasons you gave above, it is still valuable to do domestical and canada is sort of a precursor paradise compared to the states, lets not forget that.
Large scale of course.