Author Topic: Any of these reagents useful for making good stuff  (Read 2763 times)

a3d0a3m

Any of these reagents useful for making good stuff
« on: February 11, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »

a3d0a3m

did...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »
I did utfse on a number of compounds as well as using rhodium's search engine, however none produced results. I thought it would be more useful for someone knowledgable to look at the list and see if they could conceive of any use for these chems. I'm surprised I got moderated down as other posts of the same nature were not and actually were responded to with useful suggestions.

abolt

Yes, lots of them
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »
Put each one of those chemical names in TSE and Rhodium's SE.

I would not expect to see you back here for several months, with all the reading you will be doing. ;)

terbium

Good stuff.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »
Yes, some of those are useful items.

wannaknow

u must be a tugger bro
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 03:01:00 AM »

morpheus

Acetic Anhydride
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 04:10:00 AM »
Acetic Anhydride is the prime precursor for
morphine to heroin.In fact its the only one.
Swim believes it can bee gotten easy though.
Its the morph thats hard

sYnThOmAtIc

Haha
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »
Yea I stumbled over a chem supplier the other day giving acetic anhydride away with shipping costs!!

I would guess that you have to jump through a few hoops and sign a few sheets first.

methymouse

Yup
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »
DL-Alanine can make nitroethane

4-bromo-3-methylphenol - Could easily make DOM

4-bromophenol - Methylate the hydroxyl, then hydroxylate the bromo, p-methoxy phenol--great 2CB percursor

1-bromopropane - Maybe propionic acid.  Probably not.

o-anisealdehyde - You can oxidize the aldehyde to a hydroxyl with H2O2+H2SO4, thence to 2CB

4-bromo-N,N-dimethylaniline - Maybe a Grignard to make DMT?  Seems far-fetched.

2-bromo-2-methylbutane - Probably not

tert-butyldimethylsilyl - Probably not

benzyl alcohol - You could either halogenate the hydroxyl, to make Benzyl chloride--a meth precursor, or oxidize to make benzaldehyde--another meth precursor

2-benzylpyridine - Maybe useful as a pyridine substitute.  Nothing springs to mind

4-bromobenzaldehyde - Probably not.

benzophenone - Dunno

p-cresol - I know this can be used as a mescaline precursor.

crotyl chrloride - dunno

L-cysteine - No

carbon tetrabromide - Dangerous, but probably a useful solvent

3-cyanobenzaldehyde - dunno
4-chlorobenzaldehyde - dunno--note that 4-chloroamphetamine is neurotoxic

4-(dimethylamino)pyridine - again a possible pyridine subst.

1,3-dicyclohexylcarbodrimide - dunno

2,2-dimethoxypropane - Dunno

diethanolamine - You can make morpholine out of this, and then use that as a catalyst in a Willdergodt reaction

diphenylmethane - I doubt it

3,4-dimethoxyphenol - YES!!!!!  This is a fantastic TMA-2 precursor.  You should be able to formylate using a variety of methods, then methylate, and condense with nitroethane.  Reduction yields TMA-2

2,6-dimethoxybenzaldehyde - This should be usable for a number of Shulgin's 2,6 subst. phenethylamines, eg. TMA-6.

ethyl 3-coumarin-carboxylate - Probably not.

flourene - Very dangerous to handle.  Probably not that useful anyway.

bromine - Useful for a variety of things.

4-hydroxycinnamic acid - Maybe you could make mescaline out of this.

glutaric anhydride - ???

hydrocinnamaldehyde - ???

4-hydroxybenzldehyde - Definite mescaline or escaline precursor

hydrazine - I understand this is used in LSD production.  It is also useful in some reductions.

3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-1-propanol - Yes.  You should be able to dehydrate that propanol chain, then methylenate the ring to yield isosafrole, an MDMA precursor.

N-hydroxysuccinimide - If you could halogenate that hydroxy group with something like PBr3 or PI3, you could make N-halo-succinimide--a useful halogenation reagent.

DL-Lysine - Probably not.

2-methyl-2-propanol - Probably not

methyl-d3-amine HCl - No, unless you want to do radiotagging studies with MDMA or meth.

4-nitrobenzaldehyde - dunno

m-nitroaniline - dunno
1-naphthol - Probably not
4-nitrophenol - dunno
4-nitrobenzyl chloride - dunno, probably not
4-nitrophenyl chloroformate - dunno
3-nitrobenzaldehyde - dunno
o-nitrophenol - dunno
4-nitrobenzyl bromide - dunno
4-nitrobenzaldehyde - dunno
nitromethane - Yes, you can condense this with aldehydes to form nitrostyrenes, which can then be reduced to phenethylamines.

trans-stillbene - dunno

p-toluenesulfonic acid monohydrate - Useful as a catalyst in a number of things

triphenyl methane - Maybe.

L-tyrosine - It'd be difficult to use.

p-toluoyl chloride - Dunno.
2,4,6-trimethylphenol - Dunno.
iodine - Yes.
LiAH - yes.
Aluminum Chloride - yes
Barium Hydroxide -probably
MgCl - probably, though I think you have a typo in the name.
Mercury(II) acetate - Likely yes
acetic anhydride - Definitely useful for preparing ketones from phenylacetic acids.

I strongly advise you learn something about organic chemistry before trying anything with any of these.  Some of the chemicals can be very dangerous.

a3d0a3m

Thank you
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2004, 11:03:00 PM »
I can assure you that any reaction would be performed with utmost regard to personal safety (i.e. splash guard goggles, gloves, fume hood w/ safety glass). swim has done some grignard reactions and fiedel-craft acylations which req'd anhydrous conditions and careful attention to detail/safety. would reference any appropriate books before use etc. Thank you very much for your comments on the chems, I had done searches but I felt that someone with more knowledge could read through and pick out things faster than myself.
p.s. swim forgot to look in the fridge/freezer :) about 75 more reagents in there