Author Topic: A novel root to GHB - Help needed.  (Read 4874 times)

Antoncho

A novel root to GHB - Help needed.
« on: April 04, 2001, 05:14:00 PM »
Oh my dear friends!

I am fully aware of the fact that this is probably of lilltle interest to most of you but i really need some help with this. Being a non-american and even a non-european , i have virtually no access to any of the common for y'all GHB precursors - at least the ones that have been discussed here. Maybe someone remembers my post about a possible synth of it from piracetam. Fortunately, it has been almost totally neglected - fortunately, because now i won't have to spend a fortune for my (long dreamt of) dream - i hope so, at least.
Today i found out that sodium glutamate, a common taste enhancer, is freely available OTC at a ridiculous price in my neiborhood's grocery store. Immediately the following synth outline formed itself inside my head:

GluNa ----> GluCa ----> decarbox to GABA -----> Nitrous deazotiz-n to 70% GBL + 30 % GHB -----> GHB

Now i have an important question: could someone enlighten me on proper aliphatic aminoacid decarbox-n? 

I've read all that stuff about decarboxing tryptophane, but - alas - no cyclohexanone or tetraline for me, ever and for sure. I'm quite positive, though, that it can be done w/no solvent - smth like  GluCa w/a strong base - seen it briefly mentioned  smwhere.

Does anyone know this rxn ?

What are the right temps?

Can NaGlu be used straight istead of Ca?

If all works out soon we will know if it's possible to make GHB from GABA - i can freely get as much NaNO2 as i wish.
Might be useful for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. world bees as well as, possibly, for the generations to come.

ragga

Re: A novel root to GHB - Help needed.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
trying to make g from piracetam is a waste of money for sure.
you can order gaba in pure powder form from almost any nutrition internet site. should have no problem getting it sent to any country

FreddyFarce

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
Living in a backwards-ass 3rd world nation, you should have no problem getting GABA, and any other percursor for that matter! You may have to put in some effort to find a supplier, of course.

JUST BECAUSE I TALK ABOUT SOMETHING, DOES NOT MEAN THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE IT, OR PLAN TO DO IT!

Antoncho

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
My Fucken Gawd!

You think i'm stupid? Lazy? Well, whatever... Thanx anyway.

Does anyone have something to say about decarboxylation?

FreddyFarce

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
Re-read my post Antoncho. No where, do I call you stupid of lazy. I simply stipulated my opinion, that I think it would be easier to get supplies in a non-North American country. After all, the Mexicans have taken over the meth buisiness in the USA. Do you know why Antoncho? I do. It is because they come from a place called mexico. It is sort of, but not quite, a third world nation. Because of this, their government has more important things to worry about than restricting, and following up on drug precursor sales. Because of this, the Mexicans get all the good chemicals, and because of this, they make all the good meth; and lots of it!

It seems to me, being a person form North America, that if you live in a nation that is 3rd world, getting chemicals should be easy because not many would be restricted (certainly not like in North America), and the government probably wouldn't be harrassing it's citizens if they do happen to get ahold of some nice chems (as they often do in North America).

I was simply suggesting that, if you haven't done so already, that it may be more worth wile to expend your energy on trying to find the chemical you want, rather than trying to go a novel route. The chemical you want, I would think, is legal since you live in a third world nation; and as I said earlier; drugs are not on the government's main agenda.

What has happened here, is simply a problem with mixing cultures; incompatible grids of social perception. You see, I am from North America, and the main concern of people in North America in regards to getting chems isn't finding them; it's getting harrassed/watched/arressted when you do get them, or being refused service when you try to get them.

You, on the other hand, live far, far away; and it is now apparent to me that your main problem is finding a supply of the chemical. I understand this now. Can you fault me, being from North America, for looking through a different grid of social perception than you do??

I don't know why I have written such an extensive, long and drawn out response here. Perhaps to explain to you, I am not attacking you. Whether you understand now or not, it doesn't matter; I have tried my best. Maybe it has something to do with your culture, where ever you're from, maybe it is just the way you are. Anyhow, I hope it all works out for you.

JUST BECAUSE I TALK ABOUT SOMETHING, DOES NOT MEAN THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE IT, OR PLAN TO DO IT!

Antoncho

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2001, 03:46:00 AM »
Wow man thanx a lot!  ;D  ;D  ;D
i'm sorry to have come across as arrogant, i truly am, esp. so since i myself disrespect people like that.
So take no offense, please. >:(  (man, i don't know nothing about the 3rd world, but our govt REALLY sucks) - in fact, drug/chemical policy is very, very restrictive here. (not long ago i learnt that, in fact, LSD, mesc. and psyl. were outlawed in Russia in 1965 - that is, i believe, before they were in the US) Much money is being spent on narks and every once in a while you can hear a story of a drug bust. Although the reason for that is mostly our huge problem with heroin/HIV (no wonder about that - in most regions it is merely the only available drug, xept for MJ, of course), still GHB is a List A substance and penalties for making it are none less that for H  :)  funny, ain't it.

So now you probably see why i'm so eager to stick to that glutamate route. Since GABA has no medical uses in R., i'd really hate to even think of ordering it, if even i could afford it - it'd be an obvious pointer to the interested. We all are even more paranoid than you guys - probably already in our genes, KGB, y'know :) .

Probably i shouldn't write such offtopic things in this forum but at least now the people will know that i want to try this synth not out of 'cowardice and sloth' but simply out of necessity.

#3: Does anyone know how to decarboxylate?

FreddyFarce

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2001, 09:39:00 AM »
As I understand it, ketamine-HCl is legal in Russia. Is this correct?

Antoncho

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2001, 11:19:00 AM »
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :)
It is just as available nowadays as morphine in ampules.
You still can get it on the black market if you try hard - at least where i live.
Ketamine (klyap as we call it) is fun (esp. i/v), but not that great still...

#4: Any thoughts on decarboxylation? Anyone?

foxy2

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2001, 09:04:00 PM »

jim95

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2001, 02:55:00 AM »
If cost or availability of raw materials is prohibitive, why not just engage in a little good old fashioned western capitalism ?  I mean, there must be *something* that's easy to get there that's *not* easy to get here (i.e., US or Europe)- Ketamine, X, steroids, whatever.  Then you can just trade.  You send the other stuff out, and recieve in return, pure grade GBL or whatever else you want.  Fed Ex would probably deliver! Heck GBL is dirt cheap here.  You could probably get all you want for free just as a thankyou for being an "exporter" of something else.  There's the usual logistics involved, i.e. clandestine smuggling, as well as the suspicion vs. trust issues of internet commerce, but why do things the hard way when, there's a much easier - and profitable - route?

FreddyFarce

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2001, 07:54:00 AM »
:)

sunlight

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2001, 08:05:00 PM »
The decarboxylation question is very interesting. I bought a few days ago 1 kilo of glicocola as a dietetic complement, but if I could decarboxylate it clenaly and in hiahg yeilds, I'll have a nice supply of methylamine, this aminoacid is really cheap. Antoncho could have GHB and we had methylamine.

Gen_Washington

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2001, 01:38:00 AM »
Anachoco~in my opinion GABA-->GHB does work, but I've never had time to work in getting the nitrite out of it.  So to the very few bioassays performed, while not 100% conclusive (id know if it took it with meth for sure) lead to beleiv eit is~look up a 10 month old post by me in Chem forum

Could JIM95 PM me on how cheap GBL is "around here"

LaBTop

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2001, 11:35:00 PM »
Antoncho, look at my (+)-AH966 post, and then PM me, I may have a source for that for you! I can't fuckin read that russian.
It could be better than GHB. LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

Greensnake

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2001, 12:45:00 PM »
>Since GABA has no medical uses in R., ...

Uh, huh, are you definitely sure about above thing, Antoncho? Just search for a drug named Aminalon - 100 x 0.25g for
40 - 50 rubels (btw just for comparision  -  what is the current exchange rate?), and I bloody think its should be
non- prescription drug too.

Antoncho

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2001, 01:22:00 PM »
Yess, dear Greensnake, you're right - and i found it quite a long time ago, but at the time i was writing those words i didn't yet. Unfortunately, i didn't return to this topic ever since, being occupied w/other projects.

I actually bought some Aminalon but SWIM didn't have a lab yet at the time so he tried it in a very kitchen way, and evrthng seemed to go well (i.e., nitrogene evolution), but being very unexprienced and technically retarded SWIM couldn't isolate GBL from the rxn and just dumped it all out :(

SWIM will certainly return to this issue someday ;)

Antoncho