Author Topic: New Complete MDMA Synthesis  (Read 1462 times)

Flip

That is SO dank.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 06:37:00 AM »
It's like the collected wisdom of everything the amatuer cook wants to know about the BS synth.  I want to roll it up and smoke it because i'm sure it would get me high.

Goodtimes

Not really
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 05:56:00 PM »
This is the basic procedure swim went thru.  But the info on the hive is scattered.  Very nice job... 

Should go well...  :P

"The gods are too fond of a joke."  (Aristotle)

Bubbleplate

Finally! A Clear and Concise Roadmap
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 01:52:00 PM »
Bravo Rhodium, bravo! Not only will this help people be successful, but keep them from hurting themselves too.
Good work!

If they drive God from the earth, we shall shelter Him underground - Dostoevsky

Rhodium

hoh: Pure ketone can take storage at room ...
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 04:26:00 PM »
hoh: Pure ketone can take storage at room temperature and above, but most bees use simple distillation and keep everything that distills over as being "ketone", and that is at most 75% pure. I don't have any exact data, but I could imagine that mixture being significantly less stable.

Zen

nitromethane (CH3NO2)
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2002, 02:46:00 PM »
Perhaps racing fuel additives could be a more desirable source of nitromethane. Products are typically 94.5 - 99.5 per cent raw nitromethane.  Residual percentage is nitroethane and nitro-propane mixed. I would assume a fractional distillation may still be in order, so perhaps the methanol and castor oil in model RC fuel is easier to seperate?

-Zen

goiterjoe

simple distillation
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2002, 10:50:00 PM »
I've found no difference in the nitro produced by fractional distillation and the nitro from simple distillation.  You will want to save the methanol distillate, as it will contain ~8% nitromethane.  You can add two parts water to every one part nitro/methanol, and then add DCM to extract out the nitro.  Or you can calculate the exact percentage of nitro in methanol and add this as is to the reaction; it works just fine.

All paths are the same: they lead nowhere

pickler

I read that new write up and in there he stated ...
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2002, 03:50:00 AM »
I read that new write up and in there he stated that he just stirred his methanol/safrole/pdcl2/p-benzo without reflux?
Has anyone tried the MM wacker without reflux?

I went into the business for the money, and the art grew out of it.-Charlie Chaplin

RoundBottom

bad idea
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2002, 06:13:00 AM »
yeah, SWIM ran a 1x MM benzo and forgot to turn on the heat... let it sit overnight, stirring at room temp, then ran it with heat for 8h.  got crappy yields, ~50% of expected.

i learned a thing or two from charlie dontcha know.