Author Topic: Lazy man's wacker continues...  (Read 4183 times)

weedar

I know this one
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2002, 09:27:00 PM »
Bubbleplate:You should read more about the Wacker on
Rhodium's or maybe UTFSE..The Wacker Oxidation doesn't need
iso,plain old safrole will do,but isosafrole will actually
be a part of the "impurities" resulting from this reaction.

Weedar

Weedar contains 2,4-D dimethylamine salt,apparently

Chromic

Pictures
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2002, 06:38:00 PM »
Can you please give us pictures of a typical run? I'd like to see a picture with everything loaded, and then what everything looks like after the run is over.

hellman

hmmmmm.....
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2002, 06:22:00 AM »
Well done, let's see some pictures,.

platcat

rubber tire valves
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2002, 05:44:00 PM »
Available at any auto parts store. several varieties. a higher pressure one for truck tires and mag wheels is a bolt in valve stem.Those caps are thin (2 ltr), swip would prefer the bolt in variety. And the  tire inflater hose is just cut and spliced into the oxy hose.  oxy acytlene is a much more common form of cutting/welding that  oxy/propane.Buy used tanks cheap. the est i got on rentals ran from .60d a day down to .16d a day. if u walk in with your tank they will trade it  for a full one or refill it.under 20.d us. depends on size.You have to open a acct and a credit app at the bigger places. to rent that is. You can get small bottles of O2 at  large stores in the hardware dept. they are near the propane and mapp gas cylinders for use in the mapp gas/ oxy portable units. they dont hold much and are not refillable. but its an alternative source. and its very OTC. :)

"The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe"FZ
Are we there yet?