Author Topic: Baal,Al/Hg/Nitro, & a 55gal drum.....  (Read 15574 times)

Scrotium

Re: Baal,Al/Hg/Nitro, & a 55gal drum.....
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2002, 02:37:00 AM »
Nice, baal, but still rather volumetrically inefficient. If you would just spend time it takes to make some MeAm, you could process that much ketone in a five liter flask (1/10 the volume that you used). Swim has done a kilogram in a 10 liter jar with NaBH4 and got back almost 900 g of the HCl salt.

Rhodium

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2002, 03:17:00 AM »
Scrotium: PM me a detailed writeup of that, please, with yields and all the techniques used.

noj

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2002, 05:37:00 AM »
Fuck that, make it a public writeup  :)

crucify the ego before it's far too late
and you will come to find that we are all one mind

MrGlasscock2U

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2002, 06:07:00 AM »
Yes, am presently fermenting a small tank farm of sorghum molasses to eph, after which this will be reduced in 316 stainless tanks with phosphoric acid, acetic acid, red phosphorus and I2. Planning on piping based post reaction NP direct to a large galvanized stock tank full of dry ice.

Aw, just kidding. :-[

Vibrating_Lights

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2002, 12:27:00 AM »
Who gives a fuck about volumetric effiency, you missed the part anout the rxn vessel costing him $7.  get another one of these and fill it with ammonium nitrate with a bucket full saturated NaOh next to it. also a gas mask.  then when the feds come knoking on the door start a fast drip of the base into the nitrate and dip out the back door.  house is filled with NH3 and aint no one coming in. Rxn vessel+ very dangerous security for probably $20 dont try that at home.
VL_

sYnThOmAtIc

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2002, 08:53:00 AM »
Oh a friend of mine had a lil accident with a hcl generator. He was gassing a 500g batch and wasn't paying attention to the generator as it slid off the table releasing a shitload of fumes and making a mess which he had no choice but to clean up with a mop and bucket? He said he was only exposed to the gas for about twenty minutes but thinks he may have permanatly damaged his lungs. Well anybody think he may need to have the doc examine his lungs? I told him he should but may not be much he can do if he has.
dumb-asses there everywhere,
Annnnyyynway

I keep seeing everyone talking about sodium borohydride and sodium cyanoboro but where da fuck are yal gettin enough to make kilos of shish from? I've seen 10grm vials for ten bucks at certain non chemical supplier stores but where you peeps gettin 100's of gms from? But of course don't give sources of mehtods away to the feds monitoring here but I mean in general chem supply, home brewed nabh4, out the country chem supply just a general answer would be nice.

LaBTop

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2002, 03:09:00 PM »
Now that's just the funny part of cooking, it separates the men from the boys.
You can post as many procedures as you can, the culprit will allways be the acquisition of chems, which is different per person and per locale.
So you can't give safe instructions for that. You have to use cunning and witt.
Do not expect a quick course for that here, you learn that on the streets of Reality-city. LT/

Btw, Vibrator, they usually also cover the backdoor, smartass.
Just stay away from them, and stop posting aggressive "methods" to outsmart them. It will help nobody.

WISDOMwillWIN

terbium

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2002, 04:37:00 AM »
I keep seeing everyone talking about sodium borohydride and sodium cyanoboro but where da fuck are yal gettin enough to make kilos of shish from? I've seen 10grm vials for ten bucks at certain non chemical supplier stores but where you peeps gettin 100's of gms from?
Catalytic hydrogenation is a very good alternative to sodium borohydride. The catalytic hydrogenation of MDP2P/methylamine to MDMA can be done rapidly at room temperature and atmospheric pressure to give a nearly 100% yield. The setup of the hydrogenation rig is a little more complex than the setup for borohydride reduction but hydrogen is much more OTC than borohydride.

noj

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2002, 06:09:00 AM »
"The process for making sodium borohydiride involves reacting boric acid with methanol to produce tri-methyl borate which is then reacted with sodium hydride at elevated temperatures. This yields sodium borohydride and sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) together with methyl products which can be re-used in the process as methanol, plus some impurities and oils which are removed in a purification process.

Although considerable care and technical skill are required for the potentially explosive methyl borate-sodium hydride reaction, the overall process is straightforward and non-hazardous compared with the distillation of boron hydride fuels. Similarly this borohydride when made is both air- and moisture-stable, and is non-sensitive to shock - user-friendliness personified compared to some of the other boranes. It is mostly produced as Borol Solution, a 12 percent solution, with caustic soda and water, but is also made in solid forms - caplets, granules, and powder.

In paper bleaching, borohydride acts as a reducing agent to generate hydrosulphite within the mechanical pulping process. Hydrosulphite decolorizes the wood's lignin, most of which is retained in mechanical pulping (as opposed to chemical pulping in which most of the lignin is removed). Lignin is largely responsible for the brownish color of unbleached pulp. Borol Solution yields twice its own weight in hydrosulphite, and this modifies the color components of the lignin.

Borol Solution is used for most of the North American and European newsprint production and for a large range of other papers. Compared with most alternative bleaching agents, sodium borohydride leads to paper with higher finished strength characteristics and better brightness levels. It gives paper with excellent printing and ink-absorbing qualities, high bulk, high opacity, and high yield - at lower cost than other methods of bleaching. A more expensive process which employs hydrogen peroxide as the main bleaching agent can, in fact, yield up to ten percent extra brightness, and this is used for very high quality, 'whiter than white' papers."

taken from Borax's webiste

Real men cook naked.

baalchemist

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2002, 09:07:00 AM »
Baal's first run in the drum wasnt for 'volumetric' efficiency, it was to test the lining.Baal bets that easily 1-2000g runs theoretically could be done in this manner, regardless it was a fun experiment. Those new frontiers are just the greatest chem-nerd fun you can get  :)

GODISNOWHERE

hellman

yeah baby!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2002, 06:12:00 AM »
Love ya' work!,

Sweet,

hellman

IQ is the rate of logic, as Wisdom increases logic, fear & compromise decrease to reveal objectivity

placebo

Why?
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2002, 09:01:00 AM »

get another one of these and fill it with ammonium nitrate with a bucket full saturated NaOh next to it. also a gas mask.  then when the feds come knoking on the door start a fast drip of the base into the nitrate and dip out the back door.  house is filled with NH3 and aint no one coming in.

So they just collect the evidence later and you get a few more charges added on... Moron!

Baal, why the Hyrdogen production, yeah maybe it works, I have never tried it, never would, why would you? It's not like Al foil and Hcl is so OTC and easy and NaCl and Sulfuric is so hard to get. Why? You seem like a smart boy, why the bullshit Hcl gas?

baalchemist

Why in the fuck do I need to explain anything to ...
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2002, 06:21:00 PM »

Jan1983

clear something up
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2002, 09:33:00 PM »
so the fuck dont bother all the time on Al - HCL

Here is how the reaction goes:

6(muriatic acid)  + 2(foil)  =  1X H
6 HCL *nH2O       + 2 Al     =  2 AlCl3* 6H2O + 3H2 + HCL

The HCL evolution is not based on the evolution of heat, also that the AlCl3 bind's H2O onto it and builds a hexahydrate, so the HCL hass less water to dissolve in, i think at around 33% it gets fuming and if zou start with 31-2% muriatic the less water in it  (the water is bound to alcl3) will cause a higher concentration and boom the stuff beginns to fume HCL. The heat will cause an exceleration to thefumin i think.

if not correct correct me but i think that was correct explained.

Fun: try to dissolve anhydrous AlCL3 in muriatic acid ... i would think it will fume.

Chemistry are not only the things that stink. :)

hellman

Grumpy grumpy Baal, tsi, tsi,.
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2002, 09:02:00 AM »
Grumpy grumpy Baal, tsi, tsi,.
Mark his post as redundant please Rhodium,
He is beginning to annoy me, AND i didn't think we had a place for that kind of attitude,.

And Baal, shouldn't you be in the meth forum post with that sort of response? hmmmmmmmmm???????

Now wise'n up Baal, Or I'll be comin to get ya!!!!
;D

IQ is the rate of logic, as Wisdom increases logic, fear & compromise decrease to reveal objectivity

ClearLight

Hellman??? mayonnaise???
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2002, 11:09:00 AM »

Newbee huh... where are all these lame idiots appearing from??? You would think he'd look up Baal's posts to see who he's talkin to...  No respect at all...

Probably another AOL'er

Infinite Radiant Light - THKRA

RoundBottom

signal noise
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2002, 03:56:00 AM »

Rhodium

Let's get back on topic, or the thread must be ...
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2002, 12:49:00 PM »
Let's get back on topic, or the thread must be closed.

placebo

Hey, just asking, no need for the arrogance, I've ...
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2002, 05:46:00 AM »
Hey, just asking, no need for the arrogance, I've been around here quite a while and hellman even longer.

hellman

Tis' true, clearlight, I don't think you want to ...
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2002, 07:14:00 AM »
Tis' true, clearlight, I don't think you want to get on the wrong side of me, or anybody,Get back in your box!!!!
-no only joking,
I am so far from a newbee that it would bring tears to ya eyes, I just didn't like baal's comment to my friend Placebo,.
And i don't want to perpetuate useless nonsense, either,
LET's continue with the chemistry.

hellman
;D