Author Topic: h3po3  (Read 3302 times)

superman

h3po3
« on: April 15, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »
could sumbee plase tell me what i should claim to be using h3po3 for when the friendly chem supply comp. asks me?

or for those feeling utfse inclined, help me understand why tfse won't give me anything relevant?

ApprenticeCook

hmm, ouch... its not used for a hell of ...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »
hmm, ouch... its not used for a hell of alot.... so theres smaller scope for excuses...

MSDS H3PO3 - Product Use Analysis (testing for mercury), chemical reducing agent, phosphite salts and
laboratory reagent.

Thats all it says... ahhh maybe testing water supplies for mercury contamination? ::)  Sorry thats not to much help but look up other msds documents and look at the uses, some other ones may say soem more uses for it, giving more reasons for needing it..

-AC

jackhole

Non-disclosure agreement
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »
Or you could say you're working for a company and have a non-disclosure agreement.  Just present them with a ficticious letter from a ficticious company  :)

ApprenticeCook

and where would that work?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »
and where would that work? is oz they run checks on the abn (australian business number) to check if the order is from a real company (most companies do anyway).

and apart from that saying "i cant tell you why" is not a reasonable answer for a end user declaration.

jackhole

It works in the U.S.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 06:17:00 PM »
It works in the U.S. if you can do it without appearing suspicious.  Depends on the company, how well you rub the employee the right way, etc.  That's where it works.

geezmeister

ag use
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 09:12:00 PM »
Phosphorous acid has been approved in a few states as an antifungal fertilizer for various crops. Do a Google search for phosphorous acid fungicide and you will have all manner of explanation in short order.

superman

right on the money geez.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »
right on the money geez.   i said it was being used primarily for mildew control but also to a lesser extent fertilization

WzKid

Other uses
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 04:33:00 AM »
It can also be used in the crafts of:

1. Metal Etching

2. Reblueing of firearms.

barkingburro

it is easy to get
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 06:38:00 AM »
if you can find the right supplier. you wil either get it in large large amounts or rather smal ones.. swibb is currently waiting on the arrival of 2.5 kilos on the premise of using it as a descalant. it is used OTC as a fertilizer and as a descalant, a descalant btw removes hard water stains and calcium deposits

finding a non-industrial supplier for it can be time concuming but pretty easy.