The Hive > Chemistry Discourse

ebook: Designing Organic Syntheses

(1/3) > >>

memeep:
Designing Organic Syntheses: A Programmed Introduction to the Synthon Approach

This programmed book aims to teach students to design organic syntheses for themselves. Almost all available books on synthesis describe methods and syntheses already carried out by others. This book confronts the student with the problem of synthesizing molecules given nothing but their structure. The synthon approach is used: disconnections breaking the molecule into useable fragments (synthons) are introduced to the student who then teaches himself how to use them by solving a series of problems of steadily increasing difficulty. Though the book has the form of a programme it is not a conventional programmed text. There are no multiple choice questions. Instead, the student has a planned sequence of problems designed to demonstrate the use of each new concept and to test his understanding of it. Each problem is followed by possible solutions and full explanations, so that if the student fails to solve a problem he will still understand the answer better for having attempted the problem himself. The student therefore has the possibility of continuous self-assessment through the use of a large number of problems.

Captain_America:
I have had the chance a while ago to rent another excellent book from this author;

It was a great read and if somebee could it should bee made available as (be)e-book...

Damn, so many great books have been posted at the hive lately, i'll never study to the exam  ::)

The above, Syke's Guidebook to mechanism in org. chem, Vogel's third and possibly March are the titles every bee should save money and get, used of course...

java:
I thought these might fit nicely with this text as a review and also as a reminder with references of some more advanced reactions.......java

lugh:
The requested book, one of if not the best on retrosynthesis, Stuart Warren's Organic Synthesis: The Disconnection Approach

8)

moo:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version