The Hive > Chemistry Discourse

ebook: Designing Organic Syntheses

<< < (2/3) > >>

java:
The Logic of Chemical Synthesis
E. J. Corey and Xue-Min Cheng
John Wiley & Sons 1989, 436 pgs.

Preface
The title of this three-part volume derives from a key theme of the book- the logic underling the rational analysis of complex synthetic problems. Although the book deals almost exclusively with molecules of biological origin, which are ideal for developing the fundamental ideas of multistep synthetic design because of their architectural complexity and variety, the approach taken is fully applicable to others types of carbon structures.

Note Moderator, there isn't a way to check what books have already been uploaded. With journal articles the dates are useful but with books ther isn't a way that I can find to check if the books have been posted........so with that said and having searched for the title I post this............java

Captain_America:
It would bee phantastic if some busy bee could take time to scan and post Chemistry of the most importnant group there is.  :)

Chemistry of the Carbonyl Group
by Stuart Warren
128 pages

lugh:
The companion volume to Post 537092 (lugh: "Organic Synthesis: The Disconnection Approach", Chemistry Discourse); Workbook for Organic Synthesis: The Disconnection Approach by Stuart Warren:

8)

Nicodem:
This is for all those bees that would like to know how reactions occur, what makes them possible and what prevents them. Therefore, from now on, before you speculate on reaction mechanism or post questions about it you can check this book and you might find the answer you are looking for (even without going to the library, but please go there anyway as it doesn’t hurts ;) ). This book should be a “must read” for every student of organic chemistry.
This non OCR-ed version is 5MB big (and I’m sure it’s worth the server space :P ).

Guidebook to Mechanism in Organic Chemistry
(6th Edition)
Peter Sykes (1986)
Essex: Longman Scientific & Technical
416 pages

--- End quote ---

Well, this is one of those anthem reviews on the back cover, but since I fully agree with it...

'Sykes' remains the bible ofmechanistic organic chemistryfor thousands of undergraduates, and there is certainly no English language publication of which I am aware which comes even close to challenging it in terms of clarity and coverage;...
will undoubtedly remain the recommended text on this subject

Contents

1. Structure, Reactivity, and Mechanism

2. Energetics, Kinetics, and the Investigation of Mechanism

3. The Strengths of Acids and Bases

4. Nucleophilic Substitution at a Saturated Carbon Atom

5. Carbocations, Electron-Deficient N and O Atoms and their Reactions

6. Electrophilic and Nucleophilic Substitutionin Aromatic Systems

7. Electrophilic and Nucleophilic Addition in C=C

8. Nucleophilic Addition to C=O

9. Elimination Reactions

10. Carbanions and Their Reactions

11. Radicals and their Reactions

12. Symmetry Controlled Reactions

13. Linear Free Energy Relationships

Captain_America:
Well, this is one of those anthem reviews on the back cover, but since I fully agree with it..

And one more quote from the back-cover:

"To ask anyone concearned with chemical education to review this book of Peter Sykes is rather like asking a literary reviewer to give his opinion of the works of William Shakespeare... it has established itself as a classic."

-Chemistry and Industy

Thanks for scanning it Nicodem, I'm sure many bees will appreciate it very much, I got it some weeks a go myself and what a masterpiece... But if you have exams in boring subjects, don't download it yet, you will find every excuse to read it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version