Author Topic: addendum to locked thread ---- "mercury"  (Read 2368 times)

jimwig

addendum to locked thread ---- "mercury"
« on: September 05, 2002, 07:48:00 PM »
NOTE: I didn't say "thermometers"

I did say THERMOSTATS

= significant difference

William_Omblome

dont worry about it
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2002, 09:05:00 PM »
there pretty similar dont worry about it

all i have in this world is my balls and my word...and i dont break em for nobody

placebo

The only similarity is that they contain mercury.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 12:25:00 PM »
The only similarity is that they contain mercury. Only very few thermometers will contain mercury as thermostats have a shitload and are part of an heat-sensitive electric switch. Look out for thermostats and you'll have more then you'll ever need for far less cost.

jimwig

u gottit
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2002, 01:48:00 AM »
u gottit
cranky ole boy!!!

oh yeah they are frequently discarded while still in a working condition. (mercury ampules intact) as opposed to the broken rectal thermometers---- shutter-----shutter.

bee186

motion-sensitive or/AND heat sensitive (yes*)
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2002, 01:01:00 PM »
placebo, you meant motion sensitive yeah bro?  :)

note: placebo is'nt my brother, saying this for his benafit! Hehheheh

placebo

No, I mean heat-sensitive, as in air conditioning ...
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2002, 07:29:00 AM »
No, I mean heat-sensitive, as in air conditioning thermostatd, so that as the temeprature increases the mercury expands touching the two electrodes.

jimwig

mo
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2002, 11:02:00 PM »
to utilize mercury in various formulations and to plan on obtaining it otc from thermo type devices might not be a good plan

reason--- check the various mercury compounds via Merck and you will notice a large percentage of the salts, etc are mercury. that means you gotta hava a butt load of it to fabricate the various compounds in any sort of quantity.

using thermo-whatevers is gonna take a while. so the idea that you will have more than you'll ever need will hinge on how much you need. nano-scale might be feasible but ifn you gonna get off- then maybe not.