Author Topic: 4-Methyl Fentanyl  (Read 3236 times)

Anansi

4-Methyl Fentanyl
« on: July 29, 2002, 09:51:00 AM »
There was some interest in the .PDF Journal Article I posted regarding synthesis & pharmacology of Longer Acting Fentanyl Analogues.

I also have the .PDF for a journal article regarding the synthesis & pharmacology of 4-Methyl Fentanyl. This analogue is approximately 3x the potency of Fentanyl and has significantly better confidence limits. The journal article is by I.V. Micovic et al. - the same group who published the article about 2,3-secofentanyl available at Rhodium's site.

In this article this article they use a different method to the more common N-alkylation of 4-piperidone, formation of imine derivative of N-alkylpiperidone followed by reduction of imine derivative etc. The method presented is also suitable for the synthesis of other 4-substituted fentanyl derivatives, which range between 2x and 30x the activity of Fentanyl.

I don't have the ability to put the .PDF online, but if bees express some interest in this article I can email it to Rhodium, who can make it available.

...Anansi

ChemisTris

re: 4-Methyl Fentanyl article
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2002, 09:56:00 AM »
What is the title of the paper, and what journal does it appear in?
Thanks  :)

Got democracy?

http://www.dhushara.com/book/multinet/democ/wed.htm

blondie

4-methyl fentanyl
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 11:06:00 AM »
Anansi, blondie would be interested in the pdf, i think it would also make a good addition to Rhodium's archive.

Cyrax

The title is: 'The synthesis and preliminary ...
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2002, 05:56:00 PM »
The title is: 'The synthesis and preliminary pharmacological evaluation of 4-methyl fentanyl' and the article appeared in 'Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters (2000) vol 10 p 2011 - 2014'

Rhodium