Author Topic: Need help in the Synthesis of DMT-MM  (Read 2657 times)

java

Need help in the Synthesis of DMT-MM
« on: June 17, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »
I need help in finding out how to make DMT-MM. DMT-MM  is a dehydrating  condensing agent. DMT-MM can be prepared at low cost from iexpensive cyanuric chloride, but I don't know how.....java

Read ....

Post 513353

(java: "Reduction of Carboxylic Acids to Aldehydes.....", Novel Discourse)

Post 513869

(java: "Onepot condensation of carboxylic acids and amines", Novel Discourse)

Cyanuric chloride reading.

Post 383427

(Rhodium: "Triazine-Promoted Amidation of Carboxylic Acids", Novel Discourse)

Edited by java 6-17-04

Ref. needed..

Synthesis and characterization
of 4-(4,6-dimethoxy-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl)-
4-methylmorpholinium chloride.(DMT-MM)

TetrahedronLett. 40, 5327–5330.1999

DOI:

:10.1016/S0040-4039(99)00968-5

Kunishima, M., Kawachi, C., Iwasaki, F., Terao, K.
& Tani, S. (1999)

Abstract

4-(4,6-Dimethoxy-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl)-4-methylmorpholinium chloride (DMTMM) was quantitatively synthesized by the coupling of 2-chloro-4,6-dimethoxy-1,3,5-triazine and N-methylmorpholine in THF, and fully characterized. Condensation of carboxylic acids and amines by DMTMM proceeded effectively in THF to give the corresponding amides in good yield.

Graphical Abstract

DMTMM was quantitatively synthesized in THF, and fully characterized. Condensation of carboxylic acids and amines by DMTMM proceeded effectively in THF to give the corresponding amides in good yield.

Kinetic

DMT-MM articles
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »
Here's your requested article on the synthesis of the DMT-MM precursor, 2-chloro-4,6-dimethoxy-1,3,5-triazine (CMDT):

An Improved Procedure for the Large-Scale Preparation of 2-Chloro-4,6-Dimethoxy-1,3,5-Triazine
Jason S. Cronin, Francis O. Ginah, Angela R. Murray, James D. Copp*
Synthetic Communications
, 26, 3491-3494, 1996

Abstract
A robust process for the preparation of multikilogram quantities of 2-chloro-4,6-dimethoxy-1,3,5-triazine (1) is described.

And here's how to transform the CDMT from the above synthesis into DMT-MM, and also how to utilise the formed DMT-MM in the synthesis of amides from carboxylic acids. I wonder if lysergic acid would be stable under these conditions?

Synthesis and Characterization of 4-(4,6-Dimethoxy-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl)-4-methylmorpholinium Chloride
Munetaka Kunishima,* Chiho Kawachi, Fumiaki Iwasaki, b Keiji Terao and Shohei Tani
Tetrahedron Letters
, 40 (1999) 5327-5330

Abstract
4-(4,6-Dimethoxy-l,3,5-triazin-2-yl)-4-methylmotpholinium chloride (DMTMM) was quantitatively synthesized by the coupling of 2-chloro-4,6-dimethoxy-1,3,5-triazine and N-methylmorpholine in THF, and fully characterized. Condensation of carboxylic acids and amines by DMTMM proceeded effectivdy in THF to give the corresponding amides in good yield.

java

DMT-MM a new dehydrating condensing agent....
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »
Kinetic......thanks for the articles, as for your inquiry about the LSD see......

Post 513869

(java: "Onepot condensation of carboxylic acids and amines", Novel Discourse)

I think it may help not sure I understand if I can use it to dehydrate the COOH on an amino acid to an OH or in your case to an amide, depending onthe solvent used . I 'm writing the author for some insight into the procedure......java