Author Topic: Ummm... like duh and stuff O_o  (Read 3266 times)

Drug_Phreak

Ummm... like duh and stuff O_o
« on: September 04, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »
I have a few questions for anyone that is so bored they have nothing better to do, but answer these.

1. What size filter paper (in cm) fits into a 50mm Buchner funnel?

2. What size filter paper (in cm) fits into a 70mm Buchner funnel?

3. What size rubber stopper fits into a 500ml filtering flask?

4. What size (the diameter) vacuum hose tubing fits on the sidearm of a 500ml filtering flask?

Thanks to whoever can help me out and stuff o_O

Rhodium

Quick reply
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »
1-2: 1 cm = 10 mm.
3-4: It differs a lot between different brands.

Drug_Phreak

OK... thanks. I almost got the wrong filter...
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »
OK... thanks. I almost got the wrong filter paper. I forgot to add two questions.

1. I've read that condenser hose connections take 3/8th of an inch tubing... is that true?

2. What size ring would hold a 1000ml Sep Funnel properly?

Do these things vary also?

:-[

Rasputin

Does Not Really Matter
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »
Any tubing that fits over the condenser nipples, and the pump outlet will do, its not under any real amount of pressure, unless you got a really super heavy duty pump.

Any sep funnel ring will do, just make sure it goes about 2/3 of the way up the sep funnel, so its not top heavy, and it wont tip. Just measure the width of you sep and buy acordingly, piece of cake.

Drug_Phreak

See.. the problem is I don't have the 1000ml...
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 02:17:00 AM »
See.. the problem is I don't have the 1000ml sep funnel yet so I can't measure it. I've been looking around online for the measurements, but I can't find any. I have a 135 gallon per hour pump, which I haven't tried yet, but I assume that's not even close to heavy duty huh? Thanks for the info.

pickler

Thats not by any means a high powered pump.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 03:39:00 AM »
Thats not by any means a high powered pump. Swim use to use a sump pump, way too much pressure. Swim alays puts hose clamps on over his tubing and tighens them down a bit. Not too tight or you'l break the nipple off. Nothing worse than leaving a reaction running and one of the hoses come off(happened big mess).

Drug_Phreak

FUCK!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 05:43:00 AM »
OK. I like how this one lets you adjust it from 0-135 GPH. DAMN!!! I still can't find the proper O-ring size for a 1000ml Sep Funnel... I just ordered a 44" O-ring so hopefully that's not too small.

ChemoSabe

Related Thread
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 06:17:00 AM »
Here's more on ring stands and sep funnels.

Post 525936

(aztec: "ghetto separatory funnel support stand", Chemicals & Equipment)