Author Topic: Chlorination of 2,5-DMA?  (Read 2084 times)

KidCurry

Chlorination of 2,5-DMA?
« on: May 16, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »
Would it be possible to chlorinate 2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine (t o yield DOC) with HCl in tert-butyl hydroperoxide as discussed in the following document:

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/halosuccinimide.txt

?

I've searched all day, and the alternatives doesn't look that hot, rather avoid liquid chlorine and perchloric acid (NCS-route seemed like a simple procedure otherwise) if I could. :D

Barium

Hmm
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 12:08:00 AM »
How 'bout UTFSE a bit and look for the alternatives used to make 2C-C (the direct homolog of DOC). I posted something about just that about a year ago. It can't get much easier really.

Rhodium

Did you ever boost your yields?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 01:07:00 AM »
You posted about the Oxone/KCl procedure a while ago:

Post 384324

(Barium: "A little 2C-C perhaps", Novel Discourse)

Did you ever boost your yields?

Barium

Nah
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 01:31:00 AM »
I lost interest in that family once I successfully made them.  :P
No oxone halogenation has been performed since that one. If I ever go back to them again I am more interested in making them without having to go through 2C-H or DMA.
I want challenges, damnit!   ;)

KidCurry

Thank you very much! Just one question, in...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »
Thank you very much!
Just one question, in you're writeup I suppose you forgot to mention the addition of KCl? Just dissolve KCl and 2,5-DMA in H2O/MeOH and then addition of oxone as in the 2C-I writeup?

GC_MS

oxone
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »
I have never been succesful in chlorination or iodination of 2C-H and 2,5-DMA with oxone and KCl (or KI). On the other hand, I have been succesful in using the same method for bromination of anisole.

Barium

Nope
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »
I did not forget to mention the KCl addition. The chloride source was the 2C-H*HCl. It acts as amine source and chloride source at the same time.