Author Topic: Trust me . . -Dr._Tweakazoid  (Read 2421 times)

dormouse

Trust me . . -Dr._Tweakazoid
« on: April 19, 2000, 04:53:00 PM »

the Hive BB
  Serious Chemistry Forum
  Trust me . . .

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic 
Author  Topic:   Trust me . . . 
Dr._Tweakazoid
Member   posted 10-04-1999 12:22 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OHHHH!!! THAT MAKES ME MAD AS HELL!
DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS TO RE-OPEN , AND NOW THIS SHIT TO SHOW FOR IT!?!?!
Okay , enough of that . . .I'd be a hypocrite if I continued . Seriously , world is becoming piss-poor sass deprived . I was wondering about what happened to the theorizing of safrole or piperonal synth.s from eugenol ? Have we given up?

-Dr._T

psychokitty
Member   posted 10-12-1999 06:18 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Absolutely not. You'll hear from me soon.
Trust me.

--PK

Dr._Tweakazoid
Member   posted 10-14-1999 02:48 PM          
As soon as Doccy-moi gets my equipment back , I'll have an imaginary go at the supposed piperine --> piperonal from black pepper. Seems to be wide variations on results of first alcoholic extraction depending on the alcohol .
I tried to have a go a Sassy synth from Eugenol that can be found on Rhodium's page "

http://lycaeum.org/~rhodium/chemistry/safrole.eugenol.txt

" (a theory at best ,actually) , but it called for the isomerization of Eugenol which kicked my ass (Didn't know that NaOH couldn't be used on Eugenol very successfully at the time) . Now that I no longer have access to any methylene bearing compounds of any kind (impossible to get OTC from this region ,in addition to methyl-anything ,from methanol to DMSO ,not a DAMNED thing!!!!!) , I'm stuck hoping that some other brave souls can pursue this.

pK - Ohhhh!!!! Now D/T's ass itches with anticipation ! Can't wait . . .

-Dr._T