Author Topic: Pihkal "M" synth  (Read 1855 times)

skYjacKer

Pihkal "M" synth
« on: September 16, 1999, 09:31:00 PM »
caveat: I really hate posting questions to the chem boards at contribute to the deterioration of the SN ratio.  But I didn't find anything worthwhile in the search engine so... I guess I don't hate it that bad... bleah

Regarding Shulgin's reduction of the styrene to mescaline:  What is his soxhlet apparatus he is using? Is there a reason for this, or can standard refluxing work as well?

Also, can ANY solvent be substituted for ether in the extraction? damn if I don't have all the other common solvents near ether in the nearby polarities, but I refuse to purchase any more chems and distillation of it from Snap is out of the question for me.  DCM?  Toluene?  Chloroform?

Reply now and I will send you the secrets of how to pick up unlimited quantities of 16 year old raver girls!  Leave your e-mail.

Rhodium

Re: Pihkal "M" synth
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 1999, 04:39:00 AM »
Sorry, the way I read it I thought you meant the extraction through the soxhlet...

sponsan

modified soxhlet extraction apparatus
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 12:43:00 AM »
Could something like this be used as the modified soxhlet extraction apparatus?  This particular soxhlet extractor has a tap at the bottom.  If this tap is open and has a tube attached which drains back into the reaction flask, would it do the job?

hest

modifyed soxhlet
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2002, 01:43:00 AM »
C'mon a modifyed soxhlet is an ordinarry presure-equalised addingfunnel with a soxhletfilter inside and a condensor on top.

pHarmacist

Soxhlet
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2002, 02:12:00 AM »

"Turn on, Tune in and Drop Out"