Author Topic: meth freebase colour  (Read 2745 times)

Grignard

meth freebase colour
« on: March 02, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »
Maybe this also is an utfse, but i cannot find it, I got a lot of crystal clear oil after i have performed the rp/I reaction (lwr) is this correct? I am almost a little afraid that this is something else.. I steam distill the reaction mixture after basifying with 40 w% NaOH.. I dont think the oil smell like the regular amphetamine freebase.. it smells a little stronger, fishy.. not sweet.. maybe to many iodo impurities? iodo ephendrine freebase maybee??????  :P

ChemoSabe

No Attempts to Gas or Titrate?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »
Have you yet tried to convert it to a hydrochloride?

Does it have any hint of a plasticy odor?

Can you identify a iodometh smell and if so is it quite similar?

Somehow I'm suspecting that a more insidious form of the classic PeG may now have been introduced to a few of the pillstocks but it's still too early to be certain. What type of pills and what exctraction methods were used?

If it is a new form of peg even once it's a hydrochloride it might tend to remain syrupy.

polyethylene glycols are well known for creating viscous syrups

Newton

Sounds good...
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »
Pure meth freebase is a colourless, clear liquid. The fishy smell is also normal. No need to worry, everything looks like a succesful run so far.

Edit: Chemosabe was quicker to respond... Let me ask you to clarify: did you get a clear oily liquid _after_ steam distill, or did you find that oil floating on your post reaction mixture ?

SHORTY

Crystal clear is good!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 05:17:00 PM »
In my experience the clearer the oil the cleaner the meth.  It ranges from slightly yellow to clear like water.

Grignard

Ok.. Then i think i got clean meth...
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »
Ok.. Then i think i got clean meth... i steem distilling it now and the oil is like water exept it float on tops of the water.. maybe a litle milky... I used the indian ephendrine pills.. 4*4 mm.. very small.. in the first it smelled something like the phosphourus but now its just this fishy strong smell.. ;D  thanks everybody!!