Author Topic: "A global fight looms over Kratom"  (Read 10630 times)

Offline arkoma

• Subordinate Wasp
  • TANSTAAFL
"A global fight looms over Kratom"
« on: October 10, 2021, 08:11:48 PM »
hxxxs://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/09/global-fight-kratom-opioid-alternative-515730

When I had to lay down oxycodone after two years of being prescribed fairly large amounts of it, this stuff was a godsend. Kept my withdrawal to no more inconvenience than mild hay fever.
"We seek infinite addiction potential... if you can put it down, its not strong enough!" Tramp RIP

Offline BrominePirate

• Pupae
Re: "A global fight looms over Kratom"
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 05:06:45 PM »
Luckily Ive never had to use kratom because I’ve never had any opioid addictions, but I know a lot of people who say they owe their sobriety to it. What reason do they even have to ban kratom? I dont know, but I submitted in my letter on why it shouldn’t be banned. There was a website where you could send in letters to comment about the ban that would apparently reach the people leading or participating the meeting(s) about it.

Keep fighting, we will get there. Freedom is inevitable.

Offline Orange

• Founding Wasp
  • I've got a fuckload of vitamine c in me, watchout!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 02:46:09 PM »
because opiates make money.
When things are good, drugs make them great.
When things are bad, they become fucking awful.
This is when to stop, but in reality, getting off that bus usually takes some time.

/CJ

"You never find it until you give up. Then it jumps out at you."

- Atara

Offline arkoma

• Subordinate Wasp
  • TANSTAAFL
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 05:37:35 PM »

Practically free money, for both big pharma and the criminal organizations,  Where I live we have the "Baptist and Bootlegger Alliance". whose intention is to maintain dry counties, Strange bedfellows with a common goal. keeping the sale of even beer illegal. A bootlegger gets $2 for a 12 oz can of beer, and the Baptists don't have to be offended by the horror of open alcohol sales.
"We seek infinite addiction potential... if you can put it down, its not strong enough!" Tramp RIP

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 05:40:43 PM »
hxxxs://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/09/global-fight-kratom-opioid-alternative-515730

When I had to lay down oxycodone after two years of being prescribed fairly large amounts of it, this stuff was a godsend. Kept my withdrawal to no more inconvenience than mild hay fever.
The sackler family disliked that post :D

Its good to see things moving.
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline Orange

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 08:31:17 PM »

Practically free money, for both big pharma and the criminal organizations,  Where I live we have the "Baptist and Bootlegger Alliance". whose intention is to maintain dry counties, Strange bedfellows with a common goal. keeping the sale of even beer illegal. A bootlegger gets $2 for a 12 oz can of beer, and the Baptists don't have to be offended by the horror of open alcohol sales.

holy shit
This is when to stop, but in reality, getting off that bus usually takes some time.

/CJ

- Atara

Online java

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 11:53:33 PM »
"If you like yourself....then take care of yourself"

Offline Orange

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 03:48:48 AM »
actually, i had close eye visuals while on kratom and a little beer. (while kinda meditating and listening to music)

/CJ

- Atara

Offline Mustacho

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2022, 05:38:48 PM »
Actually Kratom was made illegal long ago in Thailand for the reason it lowered the opium profits by helping people to kick their opium habit.
It was not made illegal for being a drug itself.
If you search you can read all about it.
How sick is that.
There are suggestions to make it legal again in Thailand but i think its still banned.