Author Topic: Journal of Psychedelic Drugs Vols 1-4, 1967-71  (Read 4289 times)

ylid

Journal of Psychedelic Drugs Vols 1-4, 1967-71
« on: April 21, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »
Fellow Bees,

I have access to the first few years of this antique publication, from the STASH press for the Haight-Ashbury Free Medical Clinic, San Fransisco, California. It is a gem of forensic and psychiatric history, and absolutely heroically dated. I am afraid that the forensic information and chemistry is likely to have been superceded long ago. It does however contain these vintage Shulgin articles:

Recent developments in cannabis chemistry (15pp). A summary of the late 60s state of the art.

Psychotomimetic agents related to the catecholamines (6pp). A kind of proto-PIHKAL, briefly reviewing a few choice pharms.

If there is sufficient interest from this forum I could investigate getting these articles scanned and up on a website somewhere.

Rhodium

Yes, that is very much desired!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 11:59:00 PM »
Yes, that is very much desired!

PolytheneSam

I've seen it at one University library (bound...
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 12:34:00 AM »
I've seen it at one University library (bound volumes and microfilm) along with books by Timothy Leary, Ram Dass (Richard Alpert), books by Huxley and others.  I was surprised they had books like that.  One interesting book I've seen is one that has letters that were written between Huxley and Humphry Osmond (did research into schizophrenia and psychedelics and invented the word 'psychedelic' in 1957).  I won't tell you what year I was born.

GC_MS

?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 08:34:00 AM »
Grandpa??? I didn't know you were into psychedelics as well??!

ylid, your efforts are very much appreciated!

jimwig

yeah but..........
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 09:15:00 PM »
yeah but the colors and patterns are amazing.