Author Topic: Indanylamphetamine - A new potent MDMA analog  (Read 9744 times)

Rhodium

Indanylamphetamine - A new potent MDMA analog
« on: August 31, 2001, 07:35:00 AM »

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/iap.html

Are there any pioneers out there who wants to try out a new potent MDMA analog?

obituary

Re: Indanylamphetamine - A new potent MDMA analog
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2001, 06:42:00 PM »
wouldn't mind running the procedure- but new products are always on the shit list until approved by many other bees.  unless of course, you're sending free samples ;)

Rhodium

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2001, 07:49:00 AM »
Someone has to be the first to do it, if everybody thought like you, there would be no innovation in the field. And since it has been proven that it hit the streets in Australia, it must be interesting enough for trying out, and the animal test also look favorable. I haven't tested it, because I lack the lab needed to perform the reaction myself. If I had, I would most definitely try it out.

yellium

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2001, 12:54:00 PM »
MMA is also interesting. Do you know if anybody has tasted it?

Rhodium

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2001, 01:23:00 PM »
No personal accounts, but there have been seizures of pills contaning MMA in Italy...

obituary

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2001, 10:03:00 PM »
sorry, although obit is interested in the field- obit is not willing to risk life and limb for it.  once it has been consumed and the risks fairly established (as well as one can) then it's another story.

Quicksilver

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2001, 11:13:00 PM »
I always get excited when these type posts come up, but innovation always seems so slow.
Remember this one:

Post 185131 (missing)

(hest: "New Amph.  more potent than LSD", Serious Chemistry)

A blitz of activity...then nada.   :(    Don't mind me while I go mope.

methwerx

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
I am in Oz, I have held this stuff in my hand, but not tried it. Its been out for atleast 3 years. The indanyl ring is not as activating as the methylene dioxy ring, infact its darn deactivating. This makes access of indan difficult. But the compound is 6 times as potent and lasts 3 times as long as its md cousin!! Someone get this one going, it has been highly recommended! A friedel crafts alkylation had 7% yield, and shulgins aldehydation had 15% yield. Its a bitch. But worth a try....

tip of the month: slugs in your bathroom keep the mould of the grout.

Rhodium

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2001, 10:01:00 AM »
Are those yield figures from personal experiments, or do you have references for the reactions? What is your source for the duration figure? Do you have any qualitative reports of the experience of the action of the compound?

yellium

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
from rhodium's site:

IAP is also one of the most active serotonin-releasing agents known so far

Which probably means that it will be very euphoric the first time. But after that? Instant depression?

(5-HTP or tryptophan may be a solution to that, but both taking indanylamphetamine and a tryptophan rich diet downregulate 5-ht receptors, at least temporarily.)

See for example Pharmacopsychiatry 34: (4) 147-149 JUL 2001.

Effect of a low tryptophan diet on the prolactin responses to the 5-HT2A agonist DOI in the rat

Low tryptophan (TRP) diets decrease brain serotonin (5-HT) content and produce an up-regulation of the function of some but not all 5-HT receptor subtypes. The aim of the present study was to assess the effect of a two week low TRP containing diet on the plasma prolactin(PRL) response to the 5-HT2A receptor agonist 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenyl-2-aminopropane (DOI) in the rat. The low TRP diet significantly reduced plasma total TRIP as well as brain 5-HT for the two weeks of the study although plasma free TRIP was ecreased only for the first week of the diet. The PRL response to DOI was significantly increased in the first week of the diet but returned to normal in the second. The results suggest that a low TRP diet produce a transient up-regulation of brain 5-HT2A receptors.

methwerx

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2001, 10:20:00 AM »
sorry Rhodium, I cant say anymore.....

tip of the month: slugs in your bathroom keep the mould of the grout.

Rhodium

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
It doesn't mean it releases a larger amount of serotonin than MDMA and friends, just that it is the one compound needing the smallest dose (in micromoles/kg bodyweight) to achieve the same release. I have tried the about equipotent serotonin-releaser 4-MTA once (2x125mg in one night) and was not feeling depressed the day after. Actually, I was a lot more vigilant than after MDMA.

yellium

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2001, 10:59:00 AM »
What I was trying to say was that frequent usage of IAP will have similar effects as MDMA, apart from the neurotoxic effects. Weekly usage will give the same 5-ht depletion, and I guess that tolerance develops in a similar way as for MDMA. 

Rhodium

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2001, 05:46:00 PM »
Yes of course. One cannot have the serotonin trip without having a measured serotonin low afterwards (unless a really novel pharmaceutical tool is invented, like a enhancer for fast serotonin buildup and release).

psycosmo

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2001, 01:05:00 PM »
I wonder what would happen of the oxygens in the MDO group were replaced with nitrogens (esp. w/ an O inbetween), or sulphers.....
so many potential drugs, so little time

Rhodium

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2001, 01:12:00 PM »
With nitrogens, the material will become too polar to cross the BBB, and thus be inactive. Sulfur atoms would be a GREAT idea, but if you do a search on compounds like that, the literature is VERY scarce (a dozen mentions in the entire CA on methylenedithiophenyl cpds). Those compounds seems to be VERY hard to synthesize.

goiterjoe

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2001, 10:13:00 AM »
I was reading somewhere about there being a german pharmaceutical used to treat depression that was a selective serotonin reuptake accelerator(not inhibitor) that also made the brain produce excess serotonin.  sounds like this pill would be a lot of fun to take with psychadelcics.

Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Rhodium

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
You are probably talking about Tianeptine:

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/tianeptine.htm

However, I suspect it could also enhance the MDMA neurotoxicity if taken together.

PrimoPyro

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2001, 11:13:00 PM »
What would cause that? Would the standard antioxidants, etc prevent it? (Do you think) But why increased neurotoxicity?

Of COURSE we don't know what we're doing! That's why it's called research! Member: C_F Fan Club

Rhodium

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2001, 03:45:00 AM »
The neurotoxicity is caused by dopamine being taken up by the serotonin reuptake channel, where it is oxidized to compounds which are or creates free radicals, which causes the damage. Serotonin reuptake blockers (SSRI's like Prozac) taken a few hours into the MDMA "trip" prevents the dopamine being taken up by this channel, thus preventing neurotoxicity. A reuptake enhancer would cause more dopamine entering, and potentially causing more damage.

Yes, large doses of antioxidants may very well prevent this, but I wouldn't take the chance myself though, that that would be enough. YMMV.