Author Topic: which extract???  (Read 2769 times)

topdowner

which extract???
« on: January 28, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

callen

Is it Real?...or is it Memorex?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »
"Hey A.L.F., save me some of that beer, would you?" A.L.F.," Nah...just huff a little of that DCM." OR, do as I do. In this case, "extract with" means to take up into solution using this particular solvent. Apparently, there is a "freebase" compound in an alkaly(sorry, I suffer from Sometimers Disease...sometimes I can't remember. I'm 400-hundred years old, remember?) solution. The DiChloroMethane is the specific solvent you need to use to absorb the wanted compound out of the basic aqueous? or whatever, solution. I use DCM to clean my sudo pills. It doesn't dissolve HCl salts, but does dissolve some 'G.A.K.K.S."
Generally, I boil the powdered pill mass for 15-minutes in Turpentine,filter out the Good solids, they are left in the filter paper,and discard the  contaminants that are dissolved in the liquid turp.,it being a solvent specific for those nasty G.A.K.K.S.),by decanting off the turps,then I let the turps evaporate out of the solids left in the filter paper, and then gather the solids left in the filter and deposit into a flask. I then boil the solids for 15-minutes in DCM to remove other soluble contaminants.Again I filter out the solids and discard the DCM solution,but I recycle, using distillation. DCM is not easily available.Evaporate the DCM from the solids left in the filter paper. Then I boil the solids in Ethyl Alcohol,filter, evaporate, and the result is pretty clean
sudo solid left in the dish.Then I basify the solids with an aqueous solution of Sodium Hydroxide, achieveing a Ph of 14.Again,"EXTRACT" the desired "Freebase" type compound  WITH a nonpolar solvent from the basic aqueous solution by adding toluol or xylene or colemans,etc,... about one quarter of the aqueous solutions volume,then,with the medicine dropper, or whatever, remove the organic layer (the solvent), this solvent contains whatever it is you are after.  i.e., remove the desired compound from the basic aqueous solution by utilizing an organic type of solvent to dissolve the wanted basic type of compound ( which is NOT soluble in the basic solution).Do this with 3 or 4 additions of one quarter volumes of solvent to the basic aqueous solution and combine all 3 or 4 solvent extractions into one flask. Then titrate the combined  solvent extractions (the organic layer) with dH2O and a very small amount of Hydrochloric acid, taking Ph readings of the aqueous solution after every addition of acid (1 or 2 drops at a time...I'm doing 1 to 5 gram Nanos) using Ph test papers. When the test reads about 6.8 I take the aqueous solution up with a medicine dropper and leave the spent solvent to be recycled (distilled). Upon gently evaporating the acidified aqueous solution on low heat on a hotplate with a fan on low blowing over the top of the evaporation bowl( no open flames in case there are solvent fumes lingering around waiting for you to get stupid) there results in, usually, a white powder that you will gather up by scrapeing with a sharp instrument (single edge razor blade). If the powder is not real white, but is dingy or discolored,...it is impure and needs to be purified by RECRYSTALIZATION. Do a search.Anyway, this is the stuff I want. As for your imide...something similar will be required of you. Search the Hive and you'll find what you need. Oh..Yeh..watch out for them "Damn Katz."

LoRE

sounds interesting
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »
have you had much luck with this method on the orange II gaak  cause in my dreams DCM is easier to get than tetra

geezmeister

wash
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »
You should include a wash of the nonpolar used to extract the freebase pseudo prior to titration. I also recommend that one or two of these be with a high pH aqueous solution. Then rinse with hot water, then cold. Then titrate. You should find your product is cleaner with these washes.

auntyjack

wash
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »
geez says to do  "a wash OF the np you use to extract with"...he means "a wash WITH the np you use to extract with"...the poor soul who started this thread would not know the difference and actually wash his np..probably with soap...