Author Topic: Request input on alternative methods HI prep.  (Read 4926 times)

Prepuce

Request input on alternative methods HI prep.
« on: October 20, 2004, 09:45:00 PM »

Prepuce

Provoking censorship
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »
Dear Mr. Moderator,

[rant] For the second time I seem to have provoked the wrath of the Hive Censors. Although the topic I discussed has been dealt with before, in my view many questions remain unanswered. As for use of TFSE, I can only tell you that, not only have I used it, I have spent days doing so. I have also read all the posts under that topic in the FAQ and scoured the internet for additional sources of information.

That does not mean that I can rule out the possibility that somewhere my questions were answered, either within the volumes of information available to this forum, or in the data posted on Rhodiums web page. Somehow I may have managed to overlook what I needed to see.

H o w e v e r ,

It would be nice if there was a way to know in advance if a post will enrage you or not, Mr. Moderator. I couldn't even argue with a statement like, "If I don't like it, or it pisses me off, it's gone." Let's not pretend that posts are judged according to any rule, though, when the decrees are so patently arbitrary.

The other post I had deleted (because it was deemed insignificant), was directly followed by:

"Swim is going to melodramatic now, so excuse him....
  Add a buffer to our Holy Salt...Blasphemy!!!!
Thank You for indulging Swim."

and

"is this why biz claimed his dreams were boring?
and i thought he was just a pussy who didn't want to see any fireworks!"

I mean no offense whatwoever to the bees who posted these remarks, but I don't understand the reasoning that judged my single paragraph unacceptable when these are okay. I had been thinking that some bees were probably burning holes through their septums, and that some might therefore find my post worth discussing. (SWIP sometimes wonders how much material he has left in those regions, but never mind.)

Now that stats on my karma are displayed in my private area, I confess that I'm bothered a little by the fact that my poor contributions, like those of many others, remain entirely overlooked, while my offenses are so clearly highlighted. (When I finish here I'll probably go cry myself a river.) [/rant]

I do not deny the right of the owners of the Hive to dictate rules and employ censorship as they see fit. Given the fact that this is the Stimulants Forum and all that entails, I don't even blame them. I very much appreciate the availability of the information, along with all the work that goes into its administration. If that makes the moderators cranky at times, well, who wouldn't bee?

PP

placebo

uh oh. .
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 01:33:00 AM »

Zen

HI
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »
Prepared from H2 and I2 with catalyst, (<-wazzit?)

or I2 plus red phosphorus plus H2O. (<-the ussual)

Aqueous hydriodic acid solution prepared I2 plus H2O plus H2S. (<-novel)

H2S prepared FeS plus dilute acid,  (<-poisonous)

or in situ by hydrolysis of thiols. (<-good luck)

Prepuce

That's it? . .
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 08:48:00 PM »

Prepuce

Thanks Zen
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »

dasedbee

HI production question
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 10:08:00 PM »

BOS

Bunsen
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »
Not much talk of this.

Patent US4089939

2H2 O + SO2 + I2 -> H2 SO4 + 2HI.

Possible?? ;D

look up Tetralin,pinene,electrochemical,um um there are more on the tip of my , ahh fuckit UTFSE.