Author Topic: capsules  (Read 3909 times)

r2e3

capsules
« on: August 25, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »
so if the idea dose of mdma is 125mg and i have powder that is fluffy and much like bicarb - which is the ideal size to use?

anyone have any experience?

0 or 00 or 000?

I'm thinking 00 size...

Any input welcome

PS i have utfse - but there is no categorical information (ie vol but no mg's)

you have seen the capping board no doubt... just before i invest what little bit of cash i have...

DoctorFeelgood

it's your choice, but
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »
if you want to make doses just by filling in a powder into a capsule until it's full, the weights will vary -  i would not recommend this. it's said that one should not take more than 2mg/kg (less is sometimes more).  So 20mg more or less could be critical to some person, especially if we are talking about really pure stuff. So e.g. if you pass it over to a girl having 50kg, it's a big difference between 100 and 120mg or 125 and 145mg (which should knock her out of her shoes).
I had better experiences starting with less - say 100mg, then after 1 hour you can take an additional 1/2 or whatever dose. taking too much mdma is not fun -  in my mind.

ApprenticeCook

your method makes the difference between if...
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 05:07:00 AM »
your method makes the difference between if your going to cause an overdose or not by feelgoods method....

Just buy whatever size caps, whatever is easiest to get for you it doesnt matter...
Weigh out the 125, 100, 150mg whatever you agree is a sensible dose for most people, feelgood is right 2mg/kg is the normal (or max??) dose....
So work on a 50-70kg person, use 50kg is better then your safe.... and the users are too...
100mg weight it out, put into cap, then fill the rest with plain sugar or better yet iceing sugar (best and safest).

-AC

homeslice

Swims noticed that about 100mg in a 0 capsule...
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »
Swims noticed that about 100mg in a 0 capsule is just about full if the powder is really pulverized. Sit for like 10 minutes choppin away at it with your credit card in a little container and it really fluffs up alot.

r2e3

cheers
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 09:50:00 PM »
i disagree with the accuracy - it is a fixed volume.
(ie thank you homeslice for the relativity ;) )

my aim is to get things right. i'm well aware of the implications of over doing things (or under doing them...(

seasoned ravers are the types i intend to sort out

thanks people :)

Infiniti

It's difficult to equate volume to mass
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 04:27:00 AM »
As you can see, it's quite difficult to equate the volume of a capsule to the mass of what's in it. I use size 4 capsules. I find if I pack the bottom then just scoop the top and close, I get from 105 to 120mg. If I pack the top as well I can get close to 140. According to one web site, the general ranges for caps are:

000 - 822-1644 mg
 00 - 570-1140 mg
  0 - 408-816 mg
  1 - 300-600 mg
  2 - 222-444 mg
  3 - 180-360 mg
  4 - 126-252 mg

I have not verified any of these numbers except size 4. And what homeslice says about 100mg in a size 0 really makes me wish I could. The fact that no one seems to make a capsule filler for anything smaller than size 1 caps is what sucks about using size 4 caps though.

bbeeasheets

capsules
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »
why not disolve the solid in an exact volume of fluid, get a liquid cap, and partially fill both halves with an edible absortive material (powdered sugar or flour?) using syringe inject the powder with exact dose and let harden. close capsule. you could prolly do 500-1000 in an hour or so if set up right. and dose is exact.

MargaretThatcher

Manufacturer Website
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 01:46:00 AM »
According to:

http://www.capsuleworld.com/

"Fill weights within +/- 5-7% of mean (average) based on using pre-measured powder for each batch & tamping. Complies with U.S. & International Pharmacopoeias."

This is for bulk manual packing of capsules. Not sure whether the 5-7% is S.D. or limit error.

pickler

A number 4 cap can hold about 100-150mg if you
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »
A number 4 cap can hold about 100-150mg if you pack the powder in there right. Perfect dose is #4 but a pain in the ass because they are soo small.

r2e3

some great info
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 07:56:00 PM »
thanks all - especially comments/links concerning mass/volume, Capsule world PDF and the fact (? hope not!) that no one makes packing trays less smaller than 1. I will have to search the net high and low but if worst comes to worst I will try to make one. Couple bits of perspex and a drill - cant be that bad.

The thought of handling 4's sounds nightmarish without one. The thought of weighing each tablet - possible but probably the singly most tedious job in the world.

If worst comes to worst, I will cut it so that 125mg is in a 3...

As for the solution suggestion, would be great but sugar cubes wont hold up in sweaty raves (altho caps will need to be looked after too), never mind the fact the security may raise a couple eye brows  ;D  and chuck me out or calls the cops.

thanks again for the input :)

jboogie

my two cents...
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »
i always had a hard time capping pills. i came up with a plastic straw with a kink. i bent the straw and applied some heat to make it hold form and to separate the straw from the "scoop" i had fasioned- looked kinda like an "L". i could then scoop out molly without gettin it on my hands (even though i think its fun to lick, it gets old after the first t-pack) i could also vary the scoop by clipping off a little of the straw on the lower L bend.
I also find veggie caps work much better than geletin caps; they are much less prone to humidity. make sure the product is well dried, also. the residule moisture in the molly/whatever will disolve the caps from the inside and make it sticky.
anybody remember jelly rolls? thats what we used to do before caps. you would take the dosage and add it to warm, runny food wax, then pour the wax out in little predetermined-size piles. once cooled, just peel them off the flat surface and enjoy! it beats capping a 1/4 lb of molly. ;D