Author Topic: separating Ivermectin from delivery vehicle...  (Read 2053 times)

telemetric

separating Ivermectin from delivery vehicle...
« on: July 19, 2004, 01:43:00 AM »
I want to know if anyone has any experience or ideas with the following compounds which make up the delivery liquid for Ivomec injectible for animals.

Components, Boiling Points and solubility.

1% ivermectin, BP: 155 °C , 0.51 mg/L in water.

40% glycerol formal, BP :  193 - 195 °C (Decomposes) , Miscible in water.

1.5% benzyl alcohol, BP : 205.00 - 206.00 °C ,  4 gr/100ml in water.

propylene glycol, q.s. ad 100%, BP : 185 - 189 °C , Miscible in water.

I want to basically get the ivermectin out by itself so it can be taken orally in ethanol and without all the other gunk.

A 50ml bottle has 1% which correct me if im wrong is 500mg of ivermectin. A distillation setup is out of the question but i do have access to solvents, seperation funnel, heat, acid, base, water. ;)

If your wondering why i want to do this ? I have scabies. ::)

The napalm like creams cant be used everywhere and aren't as effective as the drug companies would like you to believe.

You can get human version of ivermectin in tablets called Stromectol which i do have a perscription for but i need 3 12mg doses @ 26 au$ each. so if i could get something like 25 hits out of a single 50 au$ cattle bottle i and all my friends/fiends would be stoked.

I have read of people just IM it straight out of the bottle with success or getting the paste and swallowing that, but im not really sure of putting that stuff into my body? obviously they are not known carcinogens and people have been using them with benzo's and stuff, it's just impossible for me to talk some sissy little bitch into using an animal product!!

Solvent (mL of solvent/g ivermectin)

Dichloromethane 1.64
Diethyl Ether 1.19
Ethanol (95%) 0.81
Acetonitrile 0.62
Ethyl Acetate  0.47

methyl_ethyl

GABA Agonist?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »
I always wondered about Ivermectin as a GABA agonist.  It sounds like you know some people who have used this in combination with benzodiazepines.  Is this combination well known in your region?  I would like to know more about what you are speaking of.  Please dis-regard this post if you are truly trying to use ivermectin as an anthelmintic.  I will try to find time to see if there has been any research on the use  of ivermectin and benzodiazepines on humans.  If I remember correctly (from undergrad) I thought there was a reason why ivermectin was fairly safe in humans, but not in nematodes and what not.

Unfortunately I am now late,

regards,

m_e

telemetric

no psychological effects in humans
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 03:23:00 AM »
no i was not referring to people using in combo with benzo's.

in humans it does not pass the blood brain barrier and thus not block and screw with our gaba receptors as it does with nematodes as they only have one gaba channel as their main nerves system.

thus it is usable in mammals.

why i was mentioning the benzo's is that i read of people using some of the same delivery vehicles listed above with them and THC as well to IV and IM.

when i was talking of people using it in it's animal form i was simply talking of anti-scabies treatment.

traditionally it has been used/perscribed in humans for worms and river-blindness but is now becoming an acceptable treatment option for scabies as lots of patients are having no luck with the topical creams especially in cases where the face and/or scalp is concerned.