Author Topic: p-benzo question  (Read 2336 times)

NooneYouKnow

p-benzo question
« on: April 17, 2003, 09:22:00 PM »
is there a small test that can be done to determine if p-benzo is still good? besides color what other indicators are there? I think that's where SWIM's dreams are turning bad.

Moriarty

Re: p-benzo question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »
A good thread to read starts at

Post 211751 (missing)

(Goodtimes: "Color of p-benzo", Newbee Forum)
.  The best advice in there comes from Rhodium and is

Post 263701 (missing)

(Rhodium: "Re: Color of p-benzo", Newbee Forum)
.  There's also some decent advice by spric but he mentions some physical responses you might have to it and you'll want to limit your exposure to the stuff but they're still good tests.

Why, might I ask, do you think that's your problem?  My friend SWIM used to blame his benzo all the time but that was never it.

NooneYouKnow

it's not it
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 12:36:00 AM »
it's not, just stuff that'sabout 6-8 months old, good color just wondering. SWIM problem is always ketone distillation, just figured out that it's better to distill off dcm in water bath then go high vacuum to get the ketone

wyndowlicker

HEHE!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 03:44:00 AM »
How were you doing it before? :P Your benzo will look almost blood red and very crystaline in apperance.Kinda like dark brown sugar ground a little finer.I ordered some a few months back.I didnt bitch though.The next one was good! :P

Goodtimes

Prevention
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »
The ideal situation calls for getting the purest product available.  Blood red?  Sounds like failure.  Just make sure that regardless of what you get/make, try to ensure that you prevent any further degradation (proper storage)....  Out of the light, cooler area, away from your ventalation system..... 
Interestingly enough, flash point of 77C and autoignition temp of 560C....

GT