Author Topic: DMT found naturally occuring in the brain  (Read 4274 times)

Offline Goldstein

• Larvae
DMT found naturally occuring in the brain
« on: December 08, 2019, 06:28:48 PM »
Pretty cool article, researchers have discovered that DMT is biosynthesized at regular sites in the brain of rats similar to other neurotransmitters.

hxxps://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45812-w

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
Re: DMT found naturally occuring in the brain
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 07:14:47 PM »
That's not really news to me, I read that already in Tihkal?
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline Goldstein

• Larvae
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 07:52:27 PM »
That's not really news to me, I read that already in Tihkal?

Its not so much the fact its present, but where and how much that I thought was interesting.

This is important because of the levels produced as well as areas of the brain which is producing it.

The article insinuates that it is produced in amounts similar to other neurotransmitters and could be connected to other neurological/metabolic functions rather than just dreaming/ near death experiences.

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 08:33:21 PM »
Maybe it is some sort of emulator that allows for us to convert the data set we perceive as reality?
Would explain a lot to me!
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline Grud

• Larvae
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 02:01:10 PM »
https://www.aliusresearch.org/nichols-nichols-endogenous-dmt.html

I'm not sure if i understand the last paragraph can anyone please explain and give their opinions?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:03:24 PM by Grud »

Offline aniracetam

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 02:26:31 PM »
he's saying without reading the details of the study,  people who accept the alternative hypothesis would parade around falsely-claiming "we told you so" (DMT is produced in the brain).

I've read articles on the matter for 21 years, studied biochemistry, and more importantly, metabolism. To date, there has been no evidence for INMT expression in the human brain cortex, much less the pineal gland; however, it was found that DMT may be stored in neural vesicles. Since it readily diffuses across the BBB, it's more plausible that production occurs in the peripheral tissues, where INMT is expressed, and camps out in said vesicles. For what purpose, who knows.

Using logic and common sense, it wouldn't seem likely DMT production occurs in the brain, since >90% of serotonin production occurs in the gut. DMT production occurs as a side-reaction, which is not genetically preferred, after AADC (aromatic- aminoacid decarboxlase) removes the CO2, a rate-determining step. DMT production inhibits serotonin production, and vice versa, via feedback inhibition. It would seem more likely that production would occur in the gut, and surrounding tissues/epithelial cells, where INMT is known to be expressed.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:35:21 PM by aniracetam »

Offline The Lone Stranger

• Dominant Wasp
  • THE SITE HERETIC and DEVILS ADVOCATE
    • YouTopia
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 08:58:10 PM »
Grud

Theres a big story there . But the hive illuminati dont want it told ....... because its more than embarrasing for them :)

Its about the main problem we have in this scene and that paper is aimed at this site and sites like it . Part of it is what aniracetam said about hippys ...... but what its realy saying is is exactly the oposite = ---- > Why did(nt) you tell them so?

The background story is about skeletons in the cupboard , sharlatans , morons , hippys and hero worship ....... and ' The politics of DMT ' is an episode in a ' battle ' that started with timothy leary ........ and the damage that he and others have done to our scene and serious science with esoterics .

IF ' Mother duck ' doesnt delete this i'll write more and explain :)

“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” Albert Einstein

• Dominant Wasp
    • YouTopia
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 07:52:44 PM »
>Using logic and common sense, it wouldn't seem likely DMT production occurs in the brain, since >90% of serotonin production occurs in the gut. DMT production occurs as a side-reaction, which is not genetically preferred, after AADC (aromatic- aminoacid decarboxlase) removes the CO2, a rate-determining step. DMT production inhibits serotonin production, and vice versa, via feedback inhibition. It would seem more likely that production would occur in the gut, and surrounding tissues/epithelial cells, where INMT is known to be expressed.

And i think :) its made where the conditions are right to make it = at least in the gut AND in the brain ......... the ' problem ' is that the gut kills it with MonoAmine oxidase ? MAO and thats why we need a MAOI to get a trip ......... so the DMT in the brain is probably not made in the gut ?

The thing about it is why ? Why is it there ? As a product that the body makes for a function ? A waste / side product from another reaction in the body ? A ' trans ' product / step between one chemical to another ?
“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” Albert Einstein

Offline aniracetam

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 08:20:50 PM »
DMT in the brain is most likely made in the gut, if it isn't oxidized by epithelial MAO. and the only way it could avoid that, is inhibition of CYP2D6. and what endogenous compound inhibits CYP2D6? Pinoline (which is produced in the brain). There is no substantial evidence to support brain production of DMT, but rather, it is stored there in vesicles (it readily diffuses across the BBB).

The 'why' question is more speculative, and philosophical. No one knows.

• Dominant Wasp
    • YouTopia
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 08:51:40 PM »
Thanks . It means something to me to talk with you .

BUT ...... DMT is in / produced in the gut where INMT expression is ........ and its also in the brain where INMT expression is ? But with a gut full of MAO between them ?

If i remeber right Strassman says in the paper the two gods are commenting on ...... that DMT is in the fluids between the cells .

>The 'why' question is more speculative

Maybe semantics :) but my why is a question ....... it isnt speculation ...... science doesnt speculate ...... the speculation comes from strassman and co. = That it has something to do with consciousness / perception / ' Spirit ' ....... and ....... Isnt that about storage in vesicles speculation ? Was it found there in bigger quantitys than in the fluid between the cells / the rest of the brain ?

Offline aniracetam

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 11:11:55 PM »
the storage of it in vesicles isn't speculation, because it was detected there. what is speculation is why, and what its function there is. There's no way of showing empirical evidence for why, at least not with the evidence we currently have.
INMT expression in the brain is a matter of debate; western blot analysis by Thompson et. al (1999) showed no expression in human brain neural isolates. INMT expression was found in lung, heart, adrenal, and muscle tissues; and MAO may be expressed in epithelial cells throughout the body, not just the gut.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:14:21 PM by aniracetam »