Author Topic: Ephedrine extraction  (Read 4744 times)

warlock

Ephedrine extraction
« on: August 12, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »
The problem here is swim had some feedstock which he was trying  to remove the wax .  It was a combination of wax and psuedo and water.  His dumbass fell asleep instead of wax solidifying the whole godamn thing froze. he know he can just let it thaw and restart but maybe some bees have a better idea

any help is appreciated

ChemoSabe

Can't see any other way than to thaw it out.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 03:51:00 AM »
Can't see any other way than to thaw it out.

Next time try it dissolved in an alcohol instead.

Also, be careful with your name. Although spelled slightly differently than the one with a reputation around here it's a difficult one to live up to.

ozmosis

"Ephedrine extraction"
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 03:28:00 AM »
ok mix pill mass with at least an equal amount of sodium carbonate, grind in a blender, add enough meoh to make at least a slurry and extract with non polar solvent

SPINNERBAIT

EPph extraction from what?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »
Just curious, even that guif shit?

BullwinkleMoose

extracting with water no good
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »
Water is the devil with moast all of todays pills
it makes cottage cheese that wcannot be thinned out and cannot be successfully A\B extracted....

If you were really psycho about it, you could completely dehydrate the mess and then powder it and proceed to pull the Ephedrine with Alcohol..

But this bee had to throw the mess away when he made the watery mistake.

ozmosis

bullshit
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 01:07:00 AM »
it makes cottage cheese that wcannot be thinned out and cannot be successfully A\B extracted....

Thaw the fucker out add sosium carbonate( i would recomend 1.1/2 times pill mass to soak up any water) and grind in a blender, add a little basing medium and keep grinding in the blender until it just spins as a liquid.
Then pour into a beaker of n/p solvent, stir, let settle and you will have a good portion of ur freebase in ur n/p.
Swio knows as swio has done! :P

BullwinkleMoose

pills
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 05:09:00 AM »
not bull shit but PILL DEPENDANT
YES depending on whay pillz you have you CAN end up with the cottage cheese HELL.  

Water NO GOOD !

abominator

Not a good method for most tabs
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 05:39:00 AM »

Swio knows as swio has done!

As Bullwinkle pointed out, you may have been successful with the A/B method you describe on certain formulation(s), but it does not work for most pills, especially gas station ephedrine pills.

Swim does understand that their are pills available where this approach will work, but it is simply ineffective for the new gakk in OTC pseudo tabs.  Has swio heard of Eudragit?  It has been a constant struggle for pill extracting bees to rid the cottage cheese that the Moose describes and a damn A/B just won't cut it.

Shane_Warne

Water is the best for TT derived extractions...
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »
Water is the best for TT derived extractions like ozmosis'.

But the yields aren't good when 120s are used. 50% at best.
I'm pretty sure the TT's rough up the larger particle size, because they appear ragged and torn up following a TT.

For the smaller particle size hydrogels like microcrystalline cellulose and small particle methocells, I think it's defenseless.

It's a shame too, because with dry basing, you can't really isolate the hydrogels if a low yield is obtained, in order to do further work.

UncleFester

I'll bet...
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »
That alcohol extraction and KOH boil cleaves the polymers in this formulation too...stay tuned to this thread...

lutesium

(Post deleted by lutesium)
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »
(empty)

ChemoSabe

The Ethyl Acetate
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »
I'm just curious as to what form this ethyl acetate that your friend, lutesium, used was in. As in "common OTC product" or "labgrade chemical".

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/ethylacetate/introv.htm

lutesium

He uses lab grade chemicals.
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »
He uses lab grade chemicals. And he thinks that EtOAc is the best solvent for extraction altough he doesnt know much about tablet xtraction. He started with a box of pills amounting 1,8 gms of HCl salt and ended up with 1,3 gms of freebase which is well over %90 yield (1,4 gms FB is %100 yield if swim remembers correctly). And the crystals were so beautiful that he couldnt believe his eyes. No sickening evaporations, soakings or messy filtrations. Just dissolve filter the insolubles basify extract and get the best xtal mass you can ever see.

Has anybody here dreamed about xtracting w/ ethyl acetate or has my friend found something new ?

ChemoSabe

Ethyl Acetate
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 12:12:00 AM »
I think wareami has warned a few times of it's possible usefulness to the hobbyist chemist.

It's familiar to me from my oil painting days as it's a common ingredient in many oil based paint thinners and things used to clean brushes with.

Should be quite good for evacuating oily polymers.