Author Topic: Psilocybin Production  (Read 64601 times)

adroit_synth

interesting
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »
Urupeh: The potency bit would correspond with my earlier post about my book that stated that they grow slower at room temp but produce more alkaloids.

Mr._Bronson: Sorry to hear about your contamination. Keep me updated on your progress.

Well as for the cakes, SLOW seems to be the word. On January 22, four jars were filled w/ substrate and sterilised (everything except for innoculated) and allowed to sit as an indicator of SWIM's sterile technique as this is his first time. Eight other jars were innculated. Since then NO contaminates have been spotted in any of the 12 jars. BUT only three of the eight innoculated have germinated.

Some thoughts: PF TEK just pretty much sucks because you cannot shake the substrate during colonization. Birdseed looks to be the most interesting now. Temp must remain constant!! Whatever temp it is! SWIM has had some problems with his heater getting unplugged and the temp rising too high when trying to bring it back to 85°F. In the last four days of constant temp he has seen more growth than the past two weeks.

Mr_Bronson

colonisation
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »
adroit: I have noticed the first mycelial threads within 3 days or so. Full colonisation takes approximately 1 fortnight. I am relatively inexperienced with this, but temperature seems the key: high 80's F for colonisation and high 70's for fruiting. For fruiting, humidity is important but varies between varieties. I only know the PF strain, which requires high 90's % humidity.

Also, the mycelium requires oxygen. I knock 5 holes in the lid of each jar for innoculation. Immediately after innoculation, I cover the holes with micropore surgical tape: this is breathable and seems to let enough O2 and CO2 to diffuse for rapid growth.

Another also, innoculation with live mycelium causes very rapid colonisation but seems to take longer before pinning occurs. I always wait for good pinning, then birth the medium and immerse in sterile water in a sealed container in the fridge for 24 hours before double ended casing in the fruiting chamber. This isn't large scale growing, just low maintenance hobby stuff. Cold water treatment and double ended casing increases the yield significantly. Double ended casing is placing the medium on an inverted lid filled with damp vermiculite and covering the top of the medium with 5mm or so of damp vermiculite.

More liquid medium growth results to come...

(What temperature units do you prefer? I use Celsius, but most people here are Yanks. Of course, to the purist, Kelvin is best. I can do Kelvin if you want. If we all used Kelvin and Pascals, I would be very happy indeed)

OrganicDreamer

You don't want to bother...
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »
Trying to get psilo. from myc.  I have a friend who has done extensive trials on this and the results are very inconsistent and the concentration is so much higher in the carpophores, it doesn't make sense to try to skip this step.  The first thing to learn in mushroom cultivation is patience.  I have been growing for a number of years and the temperature variance between colonization and fruiting can help increase alkaloids, and much is decided genetically.  I have over 30 strains of cubensis, and the several panaeolus, and other psilocybes.  Cubensis are easy but not as potent as some of the others.  After you get the PF tek down, you should start using a grain(I use popcorn kernels) and spawn to straw and possibly dung.  You only sterilize to make the spawn and the rest you pasteurize.  This will give the biggest yields and the largest mushrooms.  Check out Rodger Rabbit at Mycotopia, he has some very good strains that he has cloned and worked with to fully domesticate and select for the best traits.  He had a pic the otherday of mushrooms growing on a hemp bible, a stuffed animal, and even a big bag of White Widow(what a waste, but cool never the less).  Stop in and check it out.
OD

flipper

And coldshocking helps too.
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2004, 02:16:00 AM »
And coldshocking helps too.

DxRtUcG

Tryptone
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2004, 05:11:00 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone has determined if the inclusion of tryptone in the growing medium promotes higher alkaloid production. Spric mentioned in

Post 72050 (missing)

(spric: "Re: cyanescens", General Discourse)
that he would include it in his culture plates but did not elaborate on the significance of this measure. So if anybody knows, thank you in advance... otherwise I guess I'll just have to see for myself.

obelisk

pf tek
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2004, 07:23:00 AM »
i have years of experience growing the pf strain and heres what i found after tweaking just about every condition possible.
nothing i tried seemed to increase potency reliably.  growth rates were variable slightly by adjusting temperature but it seemed more important was humidity. if the grain cakes or spawning media dried out, growth slowed.
  the mutant expressions definitly were the most potent high.
  the MeOH extractions of the mycelia produced a very dirty feeling high and gram for gram does not compare to the abhorts or the perfectly formed fruiting bodies.  in my opinion pulling from the culture cakes is not worth the effort.
  for high volume production i settled on spawning beds made from water bed frames sectioned into 4 areas.  i spawned with the spent grain cakes cased with peat moss mixed with calcium carbonate to control pH and covered with burlap to maintain as much humidity as possible. i did have some contamination problems probably due to my inexperience with pastuerizing my spawning media.
  the easiest method i worked out was to use alot of small tanks because its easier to maintain high humidity.  i followed pf's instructions and only changed one thing to make it easier.  i put 3 or 4 inches of peat moss in the bottom of my tanks and kept it wet.  humidity was easy to maintain this way.
  i stored spore syringes for two years with no loss of viability.  i stored dry spore prints for more than two years with no problems. 
  keep us informed on your progress.

adroit_synth

obelisk is the man
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »
Hello fellow bees! SWIM was without a working computer and merely signed on to read but not to post at other locations.

Anyway, after some time growing and much experimentation, SWIM can agrees with obelisk insofar as the humidity being the crucial factor. This would be analogous to water content in the rice cakes during colonisation. SWIM also concurs with obelisk's findings regarding the potency.

After many, many varied extractions, SWIM has abondoned his dream of obtaining relatively pure psilocybin relatively fast. The best bet is to fruit them out on a MASSIVE scale. As for the massive scale, SWIM has found that MANY small containers are FAR superior to any simple system that he could develop. This is due to the humidity as well as the fact that when a contaminate strikes, all other containers are spaired. The latter is also why culture dishes and no larger than half-pint jars have reigned supreme in SWIM's experience.

Some other grains show promise and perhaps a writeup on a favorite will come soon but for now the brown rice cakes prove to be the most efficient method with easily reproducable results. Hats of to Professor Fanaticus. That's all folks.

midway

I dont know why this thread is here, but there
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »
I dont know why this thread is here, but there is much to be learned on cultivation from other boards. I use white millet thats been boiled and steeped for 24 hours in pint or half pint jars...with fast cubensis strains i get full colonization in about two and a half weeks in an incubator keeping the jars at 85F. Transfer to a vermiculite or 50/50 peat moss casing for good fruiting results.

Offline sophie7

• Tiktaktiktaktiktak
  • Dominant Wasp
  • Love been eating
Re: Psilocybin Production
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2017, 03:35:54 PM »
Cubensys from animal is potent ahaha
str? prst skrz krk