Author Topic: MDMA SYNTHESIS IT IS SO RIGHT?  (Read 2582 times)

Lamborghini

MDMA SYNTHESIS IT IS SO RIGHT?
« on: December 28, 2002, 07:59:00 AM »
1. 150g 98%safrol becomes drop for drop in 500g 47%bromwasserstoffsäure(HBr[aq]) by 0° celsius there too given, and 3 hours by the same temperatur mixed.

2. the reactions product of number 1 becomes with 650g 99%chloroform mixed, this solution becomes drop by drop and under mixed with 650g 30%sodalösung (Na2Co3) addition mixed.

3. the reaction product of number 2 becomes dried, after that evaporate of the chloroforms stay behind monobromdihydrosafrol.

4. the monobromdihydrosafrol becomes with 5 mutiplied so many 8,9% ammoniaks(NH3) mixed and many hours of 120° celsius heated up to stay behind mdma

PLEAS CORRECT ME WHEN IT IS ANYTHING WRONG!

NOW IN GERMAN

1. 150g 98%safrol wird tropfen weise in 500g 47% bromwasserstoffsäure bei 0° celsius eingetragen, und 3 stunden bei der selben temperatur gerührt.

2. das reaktionsprodukt aus nummer 1 wird mit 650g 99% chloroform gemischt, diese lösung wird tropfen weise und unter rührung mit 650g 30% sodalösung dazu gemischt.

3. das reaktionsprodukt aus nummer 2 wird getrocknet, nach dem verdunsten des chloroforms bleibt monobromdihydrosafrol zurück.

4. das monobromdihydrosafrol wird mit der 5 fachen menge 8,9% ammoniaks mehere stunden auf 120° celsius erhitzt bis mdma zurück bleibt.

wenn ihr irgend ein fehler entdeckt und ihr mir bescheid sagt wer ich euch sehr dankbar!

yellium

Yes.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 08:15:00 AM »
Yes.

lugh

Old Ways
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 04:59:00 PM »
As mentioned in

Post 125918 (missing)

(LaBTop: "Re: How do you make MDMA?", Newbee Forum)

Post 102636 (missing)

(LaBTop: "Re: 'Grab your seats' (Safrole + HBr)", Chemistry Discourse)
and

Post 102682 (missing)

and as translated in

Post 102641 (missing)

:)

Barium

No
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2002, 02:47:00 AM »
That process would give a shitty yield of MDA not MDMA. For MDMA you´d need methylamine instead of ammonia. UTFSE!!

alphacentauri

Excuse me my ignorance, but the reaction ...
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2002, 04:14:00 PM »
Excuse me my ignorance, but the reaction product of point one must be 2,5-dimethoxy-phenylisopropil bromide isn't it? the addiction product of HBr to the double bond according to Markovnikov rule. This is soluble only in apolar solvents, like chloroform. But in point two you react it with a 30% solution of Na2CO3. So you mix something in chloroform with something in water? How can this be possible, unless you use a solvent that can solvate both the organic bromide and the ionic carbonate salt? Then I can't figure out what monobromodihydrosafrole is. I mean: where that dihydro- is? The last step is a nucleophilic substitution of a secondary substrate with NH3. But a question now: alcoholic ammonia solution or water solution? I think alcoholic ammonia, otherwise you have the same solubility problems as for Na2CO3. Then you use a large xs of ammonia to minimize the formation of secondary and tertiary ammines, that's right. But I have doubts about one thing: I read that this reaction works decently with a primary substrate and it's impracticable with tertiary substrates, this means it is a SN2 reaction, it requires a strong base and/or a solvent that makes nucleophilics more nucleophilics than what they are in water, that is to say an aprotic solvent, that can stabilise cations more than anions, DMF or DMSO. How is possible to minimize the formation back of the alkene in a SN2 on a secondary substrate like MD-phenylisopropil bromide?
Suggestion: operating via Delepine can we obtain better yelds? And using a so precious, rare and highly controlled precursor like safrole, wouldn't be better proceeding with a Wacker hydroquinone oxidation and reduction of the P2P with Al/Hg? For many of you this reaction is well known and has no secrets, but I've never done it yet, so I express my doubts and paranoias about it. Sorry!  ::)

pirat

LabTop is wrong this time.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »
LabTop is wrong this time. They (die Kaiserlichen) do that reaction at 0° Celsius and not Fahrenheit. :P