Author Topic: pfed extract. problems (I know)  (Read 4246 times)

Jubrail

pfed extract. problems (I know)
« on: November 20, 2003, 07:41:00 PM »
Well, swim is a phenthylamine and tryptamine type of guy, but decided to try something new (I thought this all looked pretty easy over here).  Problem is, I can't even get an extraction right.  I've done extractions from plants and pills before, but these red hots are a whole new ball game.  So I used VE's straight to E.  The only modifications I made were some improv. equipment like a crepe maker instead of a hotplate (my hotplate sparks when I plug it in) and I added a little extra solvent at one point because the crepe makers spent too long evapoorating solvent without beinging it to a boil.

Now, I still can't get the pink out.  It's much less, but it's on what should have been my product.  If any1 can help, it would be appreciated, even if it's a flame in the right direction. 

My question is, could I get a clean product by waiting for my filter cake to dry and putting it in with a naphtha/IPA mix and continuing the extraction a few times, then using xylene again?

Or is it hopeless at this point?

SPISSHAK

each to his own
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »
SWINM uses ANHYDROUS (emphasize) isopropanol or ethanol, reflux twice, filter, evaporate reflux in acetone, xylene, and finally chloroform  mixed with acetone "livixiation(removes povidone) the CHCl3 wash turns it white.

geezmeister

two kinds of red
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 06:25:00 AM »
There are two kinds of red coatings. One is basically a dye that an a/b will leave behind, even post reaction. The other one is more like a glue and if you use water with it expect everything to resemble cured cement after a while.

I can't help you with the second, but an a/b solves the first. The first is typically the shiny red coatings.

yinga

What Geez said
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »
Also see

Post 465224

(yinga: "What worked for me", Stimulants)

nosefirst

Noze job...
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2003, 09:36:00 PM »
Noze doez the Tetra Trap on Red Hots w/432 onum. After retriving shards from freezer still a little pink so he tried a hot Xylene wash and sent back to freezer. Bitchen mann...some gakk and all the color stayed in the filter. Wierd huh!

halfkast

> Noze doez the Tetra Trap on Red Hots...
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2003, 05:53:00 AM »
> Noze doez the Tetra Trap on Red Hots w/432 onum. After retriving shards from freezer.

You sure that is pfed fb?

nosefirst

Worked pretty good for curbshot nanos...been...
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2003, 11:49:00 AM »
Worked pretty good for curbshot nanos...been bouncing around like Tiger.

halfkast

It's probably contaminated, it's supposed to...
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 02:25:00 AM »
It's probably contaminated, it's supposed to bee rhombic tablets

Get it right, his name is Tigger.  ;D  :P

nosefirst

Probably contaminated?????
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »
Yes, I know it is. Soon I'll be concerned about that. For now, I'm happy with what I got. Rhombic tablets? You tell me. Noze gottem at Fat ALBERT'Son store. Says suda***rine HCL 30mg 96 per. Carnuba wax, dicalcium phosphate, red dye #40, hydroxypropyl methylcelluose, magnesium         stearate,microcrystaline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, silicondioxide, titanium dioxide.
 Is that what you call rhombic tablets?

halfkast

nope. little squares or rectangles with ...
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »
nope.

little squares or rectangles with straight flat sides.
But swihk has seen shards (flat sides) but he isn't sure if they are illongated because they are impure or beecause he did a very slow crystalisation.

He used water (very small), MEK, and toluene.
The MEK slows the evaporation rate massively. I'm talking 24h for 50-100ml in an ash-tray sized dish with good air-flow.
very purrty silver/clear/white ellongated shards.  :)

anyway best of luck to swim!

nosefirst

oh...oh...
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »
Those rhombic tablets....No these came out as long shards. After the Xlene rxtal they were the same only almost clear. They are so beautiful, pristine. Or so it looks.