Author Topic: 2,4,5 trichloro phenethylamine/amphetamine?  (Read 3261 times)

xxxxx

2,4,5 trichloro phenethylamine/amphetamine?
« on: June 25, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »
i had thought of producing 2,4,5 trichloro phethylamine/amphetamine by 1) chloromethylation of paradichlorobenzene (moth flakes) 2) adding the sodium anion of copper glycinate/alanate (see my post on protonation of copper glycinate) 3) decarboxylation 4) adding chlorine. would this work and what would be the yields? also is there any information on the effects of these compounds?

Nicodem

No go
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »
It is not possible to chloromethylate p-dichlorobenzene. Already chlorobenzene is deactivated to much. If you UTFSE you will find an excelent chloromethylation review (in djvu) that might help you.

xxxxx

i have read a patent
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »
i have read a patent where paradichlorobenzene was chloromethylated. more than one chloromethyl group was added to produce a good yield of dichloromethyl paradichlorobenzene (in the patent this was the desired product).

Rhodium

References! Always provide references!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »
Then provide the patent number so that we can verify your statement. Just saying "i have read a patent where paradichlorobenzene was chloromethylated" does not carry much weight and is useless to other people.

starlight

is it safe to eat trichlorinated compounds?
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 01:52:00 AM »
We know that 4-chloroamphetamine is neurotoxic. Does additional halogen substitution remove this effect?

Rhodium

This is your rat on chloroamphetamines: *sizzle*
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 05:46:00 AM »
As far as I know, all known di- and trihalogenated amphetamines are virtually inactive in animal tests, as can be seen in the following article which tells us that 2,4-dichloro- and 2,4,5-trichloro-amphetamine may have slight DOM-like activity, but only at dosages which killed 25-75% of the rats...

Structure-Activity Relationships in Psychotomimetic Phenylalkylamines
F. A. B. Aldous, B. C. Barrass, K. Brewster, D. A. Buxton, D. M. Green, R. M. Pinder, P. Rich, M. Skeels, and K. J. Tutt

J. Med. Chem., 1974, Vol. 17, pp. 1100-1111 (1974)

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/sar.psychotomimetic.phenylalkylamines.pdf)

Abstract
A study has been made of the relationship between the structure of phenylalkylamines and potential correlates of their psychotomimetic activity. Optimum activity is associated with (a) an isopropylamine side chain, with a R-(-) configuration at the carbon atom a to the amino group, and (b) 2,5-dimethoxy substitution, together with an alkyl or halo group at position 4 that is probably limited in bulk to n-propyl or bromo. The activity of compounds in producing hyperthermia in rabbits provides good quantitative correlation with reported psychotomimetic activities in man.