Author Topic: Ketamine HCl Recrystallization  (Read 2663 times)

JaketyBoy

Ketamine HCl Recrystallization
« on: May 17, 2002, 06:25:00 PM »
Let's pretend that SWIM has received some Ketamine HCl. It started as freebase, and was converted to HCl. Unfortunately, this process resulted in perfectly good product that was too fine and fluffy. 100mg of it is far more volume than is customary.

SWIM might wish to suspend and extract it again with a method that might result in larger crystals. Suggestions on a procedure that might work?

Perhaps suspend in water, stir with solvent, distill to remove the water?

Chromic

yeah
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 10:30:00 PM »
Yeah, use a slow evaporation using any solvent that it is highly soluble in. (perhaps even some distilled water)

fierceness

huh? why cant you just dissolve it in some water ...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 12:48:00 AM »
huh? why cant you just dissolve it in some water and put it in the oven ? thats how everyone does it where swif is from... but they get the already-hcl form...

Osmium

What's wrong with fine crystals?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 01:47:00 PM »
What's wrong with fine crystals? Why do people always demand big ones?

I'm not fat just horizontally disproportionate.

Rhodium

No cut?
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2002, 03:43:00 PM »
Probably because large, uniform crystals is a proof of the product not being cut.

JaketyBoy

Fine Crystals
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2002, 11:03:00 AM »
Actually, fine crystals work well. In SWIM's experience, a little TOO well. The fine powder dissolves very quickly through the nasal membranes, and it hits hard and fast.

The reason larger crystals are preferred is because 100mg of fine crystals appears to be much more product than a line of 100mg of denser product. Fine enough, and the stuff appears almost "fluffy". So people do what they consider a normal line, and complain about how weak it is.

It's hard to guesstimate a "point" when the volume isn't consistent.

Rhodium

That is one of the reasons scales exist.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2002, 11:21:00 AM »
That is one of the reasons scales exist.

RoundBottom

sift it
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2002, 12:57:00 PM »
put the powder in a tea strainer (not a pasta strainer, but the finer meshed tea type) while dry and grind it through the mesh with the back of a spoon. 

this will give you uniformly fine powdered crystals.  works with K and E.  it will introduce a small amount of humidty to the product, depending on local conditions.

i learned a thing or two from charlie dontcha know.

Bwiti

Bastard!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2002, 01:22:00 AM »
I will kill anyone for just one fucking line of K! ::)  >:(

Love my country, fear my government.

pickler

Got an itching for some K Bwiti?
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2002, 07:07:00 AM »
Got an itching for some K Bwiti? Me too haven't had some in a month by choice. What the hell is wrong with me?

We'll soon find out if I'm a chemist or not!

Bwiti

If I had an industrial ultrasonic parts cleaner ...
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2002, 06:32:00 PM »
If I had an industrial ultrasonic parts cleaner and a gallon of bromobenzene, I wouldn't be so pissy. Wow, it's time to finish school and get a [gulp!] job $$$$! :o  8)

Love my country, fear my government.

Jubrail

What a great fucking drug!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2002, 12:18:00 AM »
What a great fucking drug!  Too bad it destroys your goddamn brain!  Bwiti, how hard could it be to get K?  Sucks to live where you do if you're a K lover, eh?  And Jakety, I think if SWIJ is distributing K s/he should definitely considering building a clientele that uses needles.  They get more bang for their buck and SWIJ doesn't have to worry about them not knowing how much they're taking or if they think they're getting ripped off.

Rainbows & Butterflies Forever :)

Vibrating_Lights

k is for kats
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2002, 07:13:00 PM »
What makes you say k is bad for you????  Huh, Da cause they use it for kats...... you jack ass.  Ketalar?????  Oh that is the dilution of ketamine that they use on humans in the hospital
VL