Author Topic: strange smell, purify/clean the (hopefully) MDMA?  (Read 1444 times)

methlab

strange smell, purify/clean the (hopefully) MDMA?
« on: January 12, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »
Hi! After the gasing i got a lot of white fluffy stuff in my beaker. Filtered and dried the powder, but it doesn't smell like XTC. Used Xylene for my extractions.
What else can be produced during gasing? Hope that this is MDMA (my first gasing). Followed MM'S Al/Hg with Xylene. Run out of acetone, will do it tomorrow. Maybe i should recrystallize it? Maybe with IPA? How can one check, that this white fluffy stuff is MDMA and not something deadly poisonous?  :-[

Rhodium

Should be odorless
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »
Maybe i should recrystallize it?

Pure MDMA Hydrochloride has no smell. You should definitely purify it by recrystallization. UTFSE for my name and "MDMA recrystallization".

methlab

did the recrystallization now
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »
washed with aceton, dried, then recrystallization with IPA. Ended with snow white powder, but it doesn't smell like XTC i have used the last years. I thought it should smell like sassafras, but it smells like an aspirin or some other white powder.
I have no bunny and my dog hates drugs. Will try it now. Hope i will survive this little experiment...  ::)

Rhodium

Smell is a sign of incompetence, not MDMA
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »
I thought it should smell like sassafras

That's what happens when poeople are too lazy/incompetent to purify their product - precursors still linger in the product.

methlab

thanx
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »
i am happy to hear this. I know another person, who is making MDMA. His product workes very good but it is allways a little yellowish/brownish and it has a typical sassafras smell. My product does not smell like sassafras and it is snowwhite, that's why i was wondering about this.  Now i know, that he is not good as he allways says...
In an article I have read, that some XTC pills are not white, because they are excluding a purification step during manufacturing. Greetings & thanx :)

MDMA_AcTIvEsTS

CLEARLY:
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »
Clearly your friend lacked complete purification, on the other hand, you seemed to have followed correct procedure, and thus ended up with a more purer product. Perhaps you should tell your friend and point out and inconsistancy with his procedure.. therefore people are consuming, snow white instead of snow crap'

well done to you'... :P