Author Topic: basing coke w/ NaOH  (Read 4813 times)

superman

basing coke w/ NaOH
« on: July 30, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »
tried it yesterday,   just winged it, made an unknown stregnth solution of naoh,   madded one drop to a solution of maybe 1/4g coke hcl and instantly it based up perfect yeild,   hard right away w/ no heat, only stirring for a second.

spilled the naoh solution, mixed more, tried again,   ruined the coke.

so my ?,     what is the ideal strength sultion to use for basing coke and any other important info?     it worked so good so easy the first time!!!!

Lestat

NaOH is too strong an alkali for coke, just...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »
NaOH is too strong an alkali for coke, just kills it, sodium bicarbonate is traditionally used, although, I think NH3 aq. also works, that would be more convenient, no need to mix messy powders (apart from the charlie) with water and shit like that.

superman

i hear ya, i've read NaOH is too stron many...
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »
i hear ya, i've read NaOH is too stron many times as well,   but in the sake of experimentation i tried it with excellect results!!!   looked to be around 80% return which is typical of this quality for me using carbonates.

maybe i'll just try using a more dilute solution of both coke and NaOH and use a bigger rxn vessel if nobody has any advice

ApprenticeCook

congrats, you successfully fucked up your...
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »
congrats, you successfully fucked up your coke!
Its rooted irreversibly, rhodium brought this up in one of the other millions of threads like this one.

You should utfse before experimentation with and valuable commodity and certainly before starting a new thread.

-AC

Throb

1N
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »
You would not had any problem if you added stricly 1N of NaOH at 0 degree for a short period of time.  The problem is that you added too much of NaOH so it is possible that you saponificated the esters.  So dont add to much and keep it cold the next time.

It is true that it would have been safer to use NaHCO3 because (-)OCOOH is less nucleophile.

Throb

superman

apprentice, maybe you shouldn't be so ...
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »
apprentice,  maybe you shouldn't be so presumptuous about what people may or may not know, and whether or not they have tried searching for themselves!

throb:   awesome,   that the kind of juicy info i needed :)   for those that may want to try this as well a 1N NaOH solution should be 40g/L.

i'll report back my results when i try this again as tfse contains no reference to a succes that includes details.   I was very pleased with the speed and ease of fluked success,   hopefully will report back that this works

Throb

1N = 1 equivalent
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 07:56:00 PM »
Sorry if it was confusing.  I did not meant 1N or 1M or 1 mol/L solution of NaOH.  I meant 1N as in 1 equivalent of NaOH.

Let say you have 0.5 mol of coke, then you should add only 1 equivalent of NaOH which is also 0.5 mol.  This is 20g of NaOH pellets.

So you can make a 1M (1 mol/L) solution of NaOH, or 2M or 5M.  That does not make any difference.  Just make sure you have only 1 equivalent of NaOH (coke is the limiting starting material here).  But make a solution, don't add the pellets right into the mixture (that would generate too much heat).

Keep it cold.

Throb

goiterjoe

concentration will make a difference
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »
the more concentrated the solution, the more likely you are to degrade some of the coke due to the newly formed cocaine freebase being in contact with a strong base.  Sodium Bicarbonate is cheaper than lye anyway, so I don't understand why you are so worried about using another base.  Ammonia works really well also.

superman

i hear ya, it was more to be able to do what...
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »
i hear ya,   it was more to be able to do what everyone reccomends against doing.   and by chance success gave me faith in the method,   but upon wasting a little cocaine on 3 failed attempts following the first and only success i give up.

people, NaOH is damn touchy w/ cocaine

ApprenticeCook

So there was.... superman - apprentice, maybe...
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »
So there was....
superman - apprentice,  maybe you shouldn't be so presumptuous about what people may or may not know, and whether or not they have tried searching for themselves!

Then there is...
superman - but upon wasting a little cocaine on 3 failed attempts following the first and only success i give up. people, NaOH is damn touchy w/ cocaine

You told us what we already knew... and also you correct me on something i was trying to tell you to STOP you wasting a little coke...
So next time when someone tells you to utfse here or google etc actually do it and think about what they are telling you before you experiment, guess what, they may just be telling you the truth....

otherwise you could sign up for a new account... superdud would be a name of choice.
-AC

superman

apprentice: often one must be willing to make...
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 02:46:00 AM »
apprentice:  often one must be willing to make a sacrafice in the name of experimentation.   there is no doubt that the rxn conditons i succeeded with are reproducable,   and i fully expect to post these conditions when i have the time and coke, because personally i'd like the ability to base a few oz of coke as easily as i did once with NaOH (as part of the purification process) to keep for a personal stash.

ApprenticeCook

often one must be willing to make a sacrafice...
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 06:18:00 AM »
often one must be willing to make a sacrafice in the name of experimentation
So you experiment with (i dont know how much you paid for it) an expensive drug? as i said above, dont try it as its been mentioned before as a coke destroyer, if you want to base it, try a softer base which wont leave your coke rooted.... its only a salt, just dont try NaOH again... jesus....

Experimenting with reagents (most) is ok, they are cheap and expendable, and are of a known (most of the time) purity, any results coming from street drugs are not experimentally reliable as they are cut and whatevered to extend profits. So the amount of NaOH used to base one lot of coke is not the same as another lot...

For example (this is soooo dodgy, but required):
1g coke (street) contains x moles of actual coke (the whole gram is not coke), this then requires x moles of NaOH right? cool, ok....
but say another 1g of coke you have in another bag is x-y moles of coke, where y represents the extra amount of crap in it...
if you put in x moles of NaOH still as before then you will overbase, and fuck the moles coke which is the difference between x and y....
get my point?

i feel like im repeating everything i said before, which i am, but hey... you get that.
i dont know but i think sodium carbonate would be fine to base out coke without damaging the freebase molecule, and with this you dont have to worry about accounting as detailed above...
that way you can base as much coke as you like and not screw any of it....

-AC

jboogie

Instead of lye...
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »
try ammonia. I take a large test tube with a small amount of cold, distilled H2O... about 1\2 full. add the blow. now add an equal amount of very chilled ammonia to the tube and shake. if the ingredients are well chilled... you now have a rock chingging around in your tube. pour thru a silk cloth or the like and rinse in cold water (f/b wont dissolve in water) and let dry. drying is key! a lungful of ammonia will knock you on your ass in a big, not so good, way. i find the ammonia method less troublesome and more forgiving than baking soda. the impurities will sink to the bottom of the tube, whereas the base floats. and it only takes 5 minutes to do!

wyndowlicker

HEy now,
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2004, 07:25:00 PM »
HEy now,

Just out of curiosity can you crush it up and snort it instead.I havent had to much experience in the field coke makes me too edgy. :P

DoctorFeelgood

Don't play this game.
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »
I can not recommend playing the "cokebasegame" - you will loose !!! I never met a person who could control it. It's the worst drug in the world - believe an ex-expert. I did it for 3 years until my brain was toasted.
My girlfriend is a medical doctor and she explained me, that coke is the worst thing one can use. It damages mainly your heart, lowering your lifetime, but it's up to you... :(