Author Topic: H3PO2/I2/redp4  (Read 2291 times)

FreddyFarce

H3PO2/I2/redp4
« on: April 01, 2001, 06:13:00 AM »
I have concluded that 51%H3PO2/I2 would not reduce ephedrine to methamphetamine. My idea is the addittion of the 51%H3PO2 to the standard redp4/I2 reaction as a substitute for the water added. After reading the hypo-acid synth over on rhodiums site, I noticed that the water content of the acid plays a part in the supposed reaction. My hypothesis is that the H3PO2 would provide the water needed for the reaction, as well as possibly increasing the concentration of HI, I think it might even lessen the amount of redp4 needed. These are just some ideas of the top of my head, no practical experiementation has been done.

The only time I have ever heard of anyone using 51%H3PO2/I2/redp4 was aqua girl, who's write ups were basically "I throw in a little of this, a pinch of that" she was never very scientific in her approach. She did however she did say it worked out really well, and that I believe, because of this I think it is worth looking into. I am more interested in the chemical equation/scientifc mechanism of such a reaction.

JUST BECAUSE I TALK ABOUT SOMETHING, DOES NOT MEAN THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE IT, OR PLAN TO DO IT!

psychokitty

Re: H3PO2/I2/redp4
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2001, 09:04:00 PM »
What about forming AlI from I2 and Al foil and then hydrolyzing the AlI with the appropriate amount of water to form HI in water?  Would be easy as pie, me thinks.

--PK

FreddyFarce

Re: H3PO2/I2/redp4
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2001, 05:28:00 AM »
Instead of theorizing it, just do the reaction and see how it turns out. It certainly would be an easy reaction to perform. With all due respect, I don't see how this idea is relevent to this topic, therefore I must stipulate that it does not belong in this thread. In future, please respond with information that is directly relevent to the topic.

If, in fact, this idea is relevent to this topic; please do explain as I would be very interested to know.

JUST BECAUSE I TALK ABOUT SOMETHING, DOES NOT MEAN THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE IT, OR PLAN TO DO IT!