Author Topic: VICTORY IS (not) MINE!  (Read 3312 times)

superman

VICTORY IS (not) MINE!
« on: July 12, 2004, 01:40:00 AM »
i just want to say thanks to all the bees that made my success possible.   and god damn was i unprepared for the cloud that emerged when i popped the balloon off.   luckily i was on the deck (i'm not THAT new)

when the dish evaps i'll post yeilds and details.    if it weren't 4:40am i'd build a gassing apparatus....

abominator

Work it UP
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 04:44:00 AM »
How did you get to your end product, LWR or push/pull?

Now superman is ready to work it up, hope you don't run into any post rxn problems.

Should've had that gasser ready, afterall you are Superman. :)   What's the wait, titrate?

Just jerkin' your chain ;) , congrats and don't forget to post yeilds!

evilscripter69

Dont forget to. . .
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 04:53:00 AM »
wash your reaction fluid a few times(you dont want to poison yourself) :)

superman

ok yeild i'm not sure, been dipping in quite a
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »
ok yeild i'm not sure,   been dipping in quite a bit, lol, but it was just a nano.  

cooked it for abit over an hour in a test tube w/ balloon on top.    calling this my reference cook.   next up is a LWR in a flask w/ condenser + internal temprature monitoring.   now that i have all the apparatus and 'got the gist of it'.

but i don't remember meth having quite such a BURN when doing such little material.  how does unreacted pseudo feel when snorted?

fierceness

Re: how does unreacted pseudo feel when ...
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

how does unreacted pseudo feel when snorted?

Hurts like hell.

superman

ok, something went very wrong with the rxn or...
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »
ok, something went very wrong with the rxn or workup.   the result from the overnight evaporation will not vaporize.....     

this is very discouraging, if anyone has advice to offer i'd be greatfull.  i dumped this crud back into the post rxn solution and i'm going to try and work it up again i guess.....

Scottydog

Salt or gakk?
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »
Swim made table salt a couple times when he first started researching this rxn. Get some of the lye water in with excessive amount of HCL from titration and that is what usually happens.

Or does it turn to liquid with heat and will not recrystallize back?

Or do you just have gear that failed to fully dry and lost yield with each acetone wash?  ::)

superman

Or does it turn to liquid with heat and will...
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 12:27:00 AM »
Or does it turn to liquid with heat and will not recrystallize back?

it doesn't do anything with application of heat

Or do you just have gear that failed to fully dry and lost yield with each acetone wash?

this was obtained after fully drying under a fan while i slept.   i observed the non-vaporization before any acetone washes.

going to xtract a new batch of pills tomorrow anyways.   1/4o LWR is my plan if extraction proceeds without trouble

abominator

Does it make a popping sound when heated?
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 02:11:00 AM »
Does it make a popping sound when heated? Lye does this and it will not melt, either

but i don't remember meth having quite such a BURN when doing such little material.

From swim's dreaming unreacted pfed burns a little, but lye mixed with gear will fucking set you on fire. 

Superman didn't accidently pull up some of the (NaOH)water layer whilst obtaining the NP?  It could bee possible.

I wouldn't waste the time on trying to work it up again, obviously something is totally not right so you don't want this shit anyway do you?

geezmeister

a simple test...
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 07:11:00 AM »
Soak your product in some IPA or methanol. Use anhydrous, or nearly so, alcohol. If its salt, it will not dissolve. If there is any meth there, it will. Filter out the solids. Evap the alcohol and see if you have anything there.

A mix of salt and meth will still vaporize meth when heated. The salt may pop and jump, but the meth will smoke. If there is no meth, there is no reason to put the salt in the reaction fluid.