Author Topic: how to seperate 5-meo from N,N ?  (Read 4176 times)

waldo

how to seperate 5-meo from N,N ?
« on: April 26, 2000, 05:21:00 PM »

I got a bunch of adenantera colombrosia seeds , of whichn i will destill the tryptamines ...(and probably some bufotonin)

but how can i seperate both of the tryptamines ?

is there a known solvent in which one of them will desolve and the other won't ?
do i have to do a fractinal crystalisation ?

thank so much

Waldo

Rhodium

Re: how to seperate 5-meo from N,N ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2000, 07:53:00 PM »
I believe the only way to do this is to separate them by flash chromatography...

waldo

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2000, 05:09:00 AM »
and the bufotonin from the 5-meo + N,N-DMT ?

probably the same answer....

Rhodium

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »
Bufotenin has an acidic phenol group which the other tryptamines doesn't have. It could probably be extracted into an organic phase from a slightly acidic solution. Anyone with details?

rev drone

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2000, 11:36:00 AM »
...Or, extracted into the aqueous phase, under highly basic conditions. If you had a copy of ChemDraw, you could use Chem3D to estimate the pKa of bufotenine

------------------
-the good reverend drone

Ipsa scientia potestas est

Lilienthal

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2000, 09:40:00 AM »
Acids will convert tryptamines into hydrophilic ammonium salts without an effect onto the OH group.

Strong basic conditions will convert hydroxy-tryptamines into the respective phenolates (indolates!?). But these are highly unstable in the presence of oxygen and immediately form dark polymeric degradation products (blueing reaction of psilocin!).

Acidic column chromatography would be a solution (e.g. silica gel 0.05 - 0.2 mm (coarse graduation!!!) solvent isopropanol:acetic acid:H2O 20:6:3 as a starting point for further optimization)

Lilienthal

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2000, 11:25:00 AM »
I meant 20+6+3. And it is Anadenanthera colubrina.