Author Topic: Indane-5-Carboxaldehyde Synonyms ?  (Read 1736 times)

Bwiti

Indane-5-Carboxaldehyde Synonyms ?
« on: July 17, 2002, 07:59:00 PM »
I'd like to dream about using this compound to synth an MDMA substitute, but I don't even know if this aldehyde's available commercially? Make it from indane or indene? Nah, I'd rather fuck a hot muffler. What are some synonyms for it? CAS #? If it isn't commercially available, what else besides 4-iodoamphetamine and 4-MTA will boost my serotonin? Was thinking about 3,4-methylamphetamine, but wouldn't the purchase of 3,4,-methylbenzaldehyde be suspicous? Just another road-block. What the fuck else is new. Goddam mother-fucking DEA. Hope their prostates enlarge until their lower torsos burst open, infecting their blood supply with chunks of puss. >:(

Love my country, fear my government.

foxy2

Maybe
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 08:12:00 PM »
wouldn't the purchase of 3,4,-methylbenzaldehyde be suspicous?

No more than the purchase of Indane-5-Carboxaldehyde

They are pretty close to the same thing, aren't they?
:P
foxy

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

Rhodium

As far as I know, indane-5-carboxaldehyde is not ...
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 08:23:00 PM »
As far as I know, indane-5-carboxaldehyde is not commercially available, and I have gone through the entire CA and not found a better method than the one featured on my page.

neuromodulator

Synonyms.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 12:28:00 AM »
3,4-(trimethylene)benzaldehyde is a non-IUPAC synonym for 5-carboxaldehyde-indan.  That's all I can think of right now.  See Rhodium's page for best way to make it.

Bwiti

Thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 04:29:00 AM »
Thanks for that info, especially that link-post! Don't know how the hell I missed it during my use of TFSE. Anyway, I'll be taking a trip over to

http://gb.espacenet.com/

to find as many synths for 3,4-dimethylbenzaldehyde as possible, which shouldn't be too hard. Hmmm, how about 3,4-dimethylbenzene to the chloride. Shit, if I was willing to start from scratch like that, then I might as well shoot for 3,4-methylenedioxy.. 8)

Antoncho

Digging the patents.....
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2002, 07:37:00 AM »

to find as many synths for 3,4-dimethylbenzaldehyde as possible, which shouldn't be too hard.

(italics added)

LOL! ;D

Betcha won't find nuthin but plain ol' fuckin Gatterman-Koch, which definitely ain't an option for a kitchen chemist.

o-xylene is too electron-poor for any other formylation method (of all that i know of) to work. So as i said, chloromethylation/Sommelet rxn seems to bee the only realistic pathway.

On general, the phrase 'shouldn't bee too hard' only very rarely can bee applied to searching in the patent databases, believe me :)

Antoncho

Bwiti

You're right
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2002, 09:53:00 PM »
Yup, most of what I found dealt with the use of monoxide.

foxy2

antoncho
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2002, 10:16:00 PM »
betcha won't find nuthin but plain ol' fuckin Gatterman-Koch, which definitely ain't an option for a kitchen chemist.

never say, never

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety