Author Topic: MAFP - A cannabinoid  (Read 1805 times)

Dazza

MAFP - A cannabinoid
« on: April 05, 2002, 02:42:00 PM »
has anyone ever heard of this cannabinoid?
it seems interesting (the fluorine and phosphorous remind me of yesterday, looking at the structures of all those gas' that were developed at edgewood arsenal- VX, mustard gas, etc...)...
it says it binds irreversably to the CB1 receptor, and if i'm not mistaken this is the receptor that causes most of the effects of marajuana, and the other one (CB2) effects the immune system.
would this do something like make you permenantly stoned?
(i can't reveal the site address i got the info off as it is a source of it)

'Methyl arachidonyl fluorophosphonate / (5Z,8Z,11Z,14Z)-5,8,11,14-
eicosatetraenyl-methyl ester phosphonofluoridic acid'

"Potent, irreversible inhibitor of anandamide amidase, the enzyme responsible for anandamide hydrolysis (IC50 = 2.5 nM). Also binds irreversibly to CB1 receptors (IC50 = 20 nM). "

foxy2

lol
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2002, 02:50:00 PM »
i wouldn't touch that shit
irreverseable binding is NOT good, IMO

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

Lilienthal

rumors
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2002, 04:03:00 PM »
There are rumors that an ultrapotent CB1-selective agonist called mahanandamide will be published soon. No structure is known yet.

noj

don't quote
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2002, 04:32:00 PM »
i can't reveal the site address i got the info off as it is a source of it

Then never quote an exact phrase from it. Although doing a search gave 3 pages of possible sources, it is something to think about in the future  ;)

Mastery is based on the understanding and practice of technique.

Rhodium

Irreversible agonists
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2002, 09:35:00 PM »
Does any irreversible dopamine agonists exist, what is the turnover rate for dopamine receptors, and how would administration of such an agonist effect the dopaminergic system after the affected receptors has been recycled? Increased or decreased receptor density?

Dazza

damn. after i did more searching on it it turns ...
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2002, 05:27:00 AM »
damn. after i did more searching on it it turns out it's a potent irreversable binding ANTagonist of the CB1 receptor. that'd mean it would stop any effects from occuring if you smoked mj?

although, ACEA is an available potent and selective reversible agonist of the CB1 receptor. it has a 1400-fold selectivity of the CB1 receptor over the CB2 receptor (no direct copy/paste this time :) )

and rhodium, after a look through this research chems supplier (legal one. i dont think they supply to just anyone. they have EVERYTHING new...), i couldn't find any IRREVERSIBLE dopamine agonists,...or antagonist... there were plenty of really potent ones but they were all reversible.