Author Topic: What can be done with burned E???  (Read 4178 times)

up247365

What can be done with burned E???
« on: August 15, 2003, 11:04:00 PM »
Is there anything wrong with accidentally burning my E?? What will happen if anything if I use it the same as normal and also, why does it turn all sticky and carmel looking when it gets burned??

mnm

YUM
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 11:20:00 PM »
It is all sticky and caramel looking because you failed to remove all of the adulterants/pill filler...

Most likely sucrose will give you that appearance..

Try dissolving what you got in some hot Dh20 and then zapping it with a super saturated NaOH solution to ppt. any viable chicken feed left.

SorceresS

cotton candy
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 12:16:00 AM »
dude, you fucked up! have you ever seen burnt cotton candy? if you have, did you eat it?

unionpacific

You can try to do a a/b on it I guess when you
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 07:12:00 AM »
You can try to do a a/b on it I guess

when you burn it you damage the structure of it

Hematite

It's been my experience that recovering any...
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 02:04:00 AM »
It's been my experience that recovering any usable product from feedstock that is burnt to the state of being black and solid(or soon therafter will be)is not possible. I found that there were changes in expected properties when trying to salvage some that suggest to me that indeed there is changes on a molecular level that aren't necessarilly beneficial(read_ 'fucks it right up'.)Recently I did a few small tests with some very black and crispy solids and found it would not dissolve in H20, or a basic solution, thought it was noted that fizzing occurred when it contacted the base. It was moderatly soluble in acetone but needed encouragement by grinding the solids to finer particles.
A test small chunk of black was tossed into a hypophosphorous/I2 reduction and remained a small black chunk throughout to be collected unchanged at rxn end.......so as I said it's my opinion that burning it is counterproductive and probably not something one should become good at :)
Now that's only for black type burnt, anything leading up to this ie; tan, brown, golden sahara or whatever you want to call it, has travelled through the reduction without incident the couple of times I've tried it.
Ps. Of course when I did all this I fried the feedstock intentionally for the purposes of research, only a real dummy would accidentally do it, just wanted to clarify that!

xboXer

burnt E?
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 02:54:00 AM »
There is this device called a trash can. Ain't what you need. YOU need the flushable wonder of a commode. Burned sudo is an aggravation. flush and be done with it. Retain the pain so you can avoid future mishaps... ::)