Author Topic: T to DMT/DET/DPT  (Read 7552 times)

QW891

T to DMT/DET/DPT
« on: October 10, 2000, 09:30:00 PM »
In a recent dream I was doing a lab “audit” where I came across a 25g bottle of tryptamine. Now since this dream by itself is somewhat boring, and I having hopes for better dreams in the future, I thought the following: wouldn’t it be nice if there was an “easy” way to turn that dream to a dream of DMT/DET/DPT. Now I have never dreamt in these flavors before, but DMT or maybe DPT sound fun.

I’ve seen a few synths, but I’m really looking for opinions or comments on what favorite, or at least, useable methods dreamers have used to make the conversion to the desired dream. Or for that matter what dream (DMT/DET/DPT?) to have in the first place.

Idea’s, comments, suggestions – come to me. Complaints...  well f*&% ‘em.

If I knew what I was doing, I’d be having sex instead of posting this dam message.

Lilienthal

Re: T to DMT/DET/DPT
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2000, 11:50:00 PM »

pulp

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2000, 11:33:00 AM »
The criticisms in Lilienthal reference forum12/000016 are largely correct, mixture as predicted and poor yield of dimethyl-T. perhaps one would have better yield of a diisopropyl-T, helped by steric effects, but I have not tried.Be sure you know what is in any product obtained and what its properties are before doing anything else with it.

Alphabeta121

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2000, 07:58:00 AM »
why not add two eqivalents of formaldehyde in a reducing enviroment?
alphabeta121

KrZ

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2000, 09:05:00 AM »
That's what I'm screamin' alphabeta.

Lilienthal

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2000, 11:53:00 AM »
tryptamines + formaldehyde + H+ = beta-carbolines.  :)

dunkel

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2000, 02:28:00 AM »
not with an excess of the aldehyde and NaCNBH3

KrZ

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2000, 07:05:00 PM »
The pH should be just slightly acidic of neutral and not in the appropriate range for that to be a competing reaction.

KrZ

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2000, 12:37:00 AM »
NaBH4 definitely would NOT do.  Yields are already low with NaCNBH3.  MeOH/AA in the ratios I used in the writeup works fine.

halfapint

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2000, 07:07:00 AM »
Wonder about sodium acetoxy borohydride, NaBH(OAc)3. "Sodium triacetoxyborohydride can be easily produced from sodium borohydride and glacial acetic acid, refluxed for 15 minutes in benezene." from the old Hive. That's an easily produced reagent, which seems to bee as selective in its reductions as the cyanoborohydride. Probably more of it would bee required, though.

turning science fact into << science fiction >>

Lilienthal

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2000, 12:46:00 PM »
... and it may (at least partially) reduce the indole to an indoline...  :)

KrZ

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2000, 07:02:00 PM »
DMT from reductive methylation of tryptamine

"Tryptophan (454g) was suspended in tetralin (1150 ml) containing acetone
(12.9 g) and the mixture was heated to reflux for 12 hours with vigorous
stirring until no more carbon dioxide was evolved and the reaction mixture
became clear. The solvent was removed under vacuum, and the residue was
distilled under reduced pressure to give a yellow crystalline solid. (from
rhodium). Next 30g of formaldehyde and 120g Tryptamine were disolved in 1800ml
of MeOH, to this was slowly added dropwise 50g of NaCNBH3 disolved in 550ml
MeOH. Then 14g Glacial Acetic Acid was added dropwise with stirring. The mixture
was then stirred for 60 hours. The majority of the MeOH was distilled off (2L
collected) to the distillation flask was added 1L of 5% Aq. Ammonia which was
extracted with 3x 250ml of DCM. The DCM was washed with a salt solution (not
saturated but still pretty strong) then the DCM seperated and dried with a large
portion of MgSO4 made by dehydrating epsom salts overnight in the oven at 450C
(the rock-solid mass had to be pounded into a powder with a hammer and the small
remaining clumps ground in a pestal, quickly so as not to allow H2O uptake from
the atmosphere). The DCM was distilled off at atmospheric and then the
distillation was continued (~1 torr now) until the dimethyltryptamine was
collected. Which was recrystalized from boiling hexane with a few mls of Ethyl
Acetate added (these were the 2 hardest things to get!) This afforded 48.8g of
DMT, a 35% yield. Not high but it was still a fun adventure. The DMT was
immediately mailed 3500 miles away."

Maighstir

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2000, 09:51:00 AM »
Can the tetralin be substituted by anything?

maighstir.

Vae victis meretrix est et mors venit.

KrZ

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2000, 10:01:00 PM »
You can sub. all the things rhodium lists in his tryptamine FAQ, I was just following that.  Wish you could use xylene....

Osmium

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2000, 12:34:00 PM »
I've heard rumours of tetraline being used as a turpentine substitute, which would make it OTC. Can anybody confirm this?

Lilienthal

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2000, 01:21:00 PM »
Yes. (Use the search engine  :) : Post 16912 (not existing))

QW891

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2000, 09:12:00 PM »

Thanks to all for your responses. A lot of great input. Looking for some NaCNBH3 right now (got everything else). If all goes well I’ve even got access to kilos and kilos of (high purity) Tryptophan too. This might be more fun that I thought  :) .

If I knew what I was doing, I’d be having sex instead of posting this dam message.

foxy2

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2000, 08:01:00 PM »
Does anyone have a link or otc product name with tetralin??
PM if necessarey

mocket

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2000, 03:40:00 PM »
I thought you could use NaBH4, but you need to use trifluroacetic acid as solvent & an N2 atmosphere? I have a reference somewhere...

KrZ

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2000, 06:51:00 PM »
What about naptha with MEK as the catalyst?  Naptha refluxes at about 140C and the MEK would be nice and otc as well, with a slightly higher bp than acetone.  Are there dangers to excessive amounts of ketone catalyst?  Can you reflux indefinitely with increasing yields?

halfapint

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2000, 02:00:00 PM »
Tetralin is made by the catalytic hydrogenation of naphthalene. No specific synth details have caught my eye lately though. I can find old style moth balls.

turning science fact into << science fiction >>

baalchemist

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2000, 01:15:00 PM »
Here's another for you guys;
Tet. Lett. 3, 261 1973 B.L. Sondengram e.a.
Formaline(35%,35mmol) was added with strong stirring to a solution of tryptamine(primary amine) 3 mmol in methanol(10 ml) and the solution was refluxed for 30 min. After cooling
400mg NaBH4 was added slowly. After 1 hour the reaction was evaporated and the mixture was extracted with CHCL2. Evaporation yields
Dimethyl-tryptamine,85%
Also have another that uses ZnCl2,paraformaldehyde,Primary or secondary amine,in CH2CL2. NaBH4 reduced also. SWIM has been contemplating the Tet. synth, seems to be a relatively simple way to get there.

Lilienthal

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2000, 07:09:00 PM »
::)  They are not methylating tryptamines but holafebrine (-analogs)!!! Thats a BIG difference. With tryptamines you have poor yields due to cyclization to beta carbolines.

SPHYBRID

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2000, 03:08:00 AM »
Hey iudexk,

Last summer I did a paper on the pharmokinetics, synthesis and metabolism of the tryptamine analog zomig. It is a migraine medication that has the DMT moiety in it. If you look on beilstein it will give the partial preperation of zomig and I noticed it involved a tryptamine to bufotenine rxn with formaldehyde. I do not remember the pathway but it will give you a start. I think it gives a reference to a journal where they gave a detailed description of the rxn. I thought it was quite interesting even though tryptamines are out of my program now. I believe that it is possible that you can have pretty high yields though other routes would possibly give higher but if you got a ton of tryptamine handy well there you go. I believe that tryptamine isn't to hard too produce from tryptophan. And beta-carbolines can be fun 8)  My uncle said that he could get pure tryptophan for his pigs by the bucket cause that is one of the nutrients that corn is missing. I bet it would be cheap but it wouldn't be approved for human use. But how much of the stuff that we use really is anyway 8)  Might want to clean it up if you happen to get your hands on a bunch of it anyway. Take my advice and check beilstein. Ironically my school has beilstein available in every computer cluster around the whole campus. Kinda makes me wonder cause there aren't that many chem majors at my school. Before I went to school there I always went in and used their computers, anyone can go in and use them.

SPHYBRID