Author Topic: what a nice easy route for LSA extract from HBWR  (Read 3254 times)

terbium

Alcohol and petroleum ether are both used
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2003, 04:39:00 AM »
Petroleum Ether is not something you can ingest, and not something you can find in alchoholic products, Everclear is 90 grain ETHANOL, ethyl ether and petroleum ether are completely different and are used in mechanics,
I think that EMC understands this. The typical procedure for extracting LSAs from morning glory seeds calls for the use of both an alcohol and then petroleum ether.

EvilMadChemist

no no , not ingest , hah PE for the non polar.
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2003, 04:39:00 AM »
no no , not ingest , hah
PE for the non polar. to get rid of the bad stuff out seeds
and well , i dont know what would be better EverClear , Bacaradi or that Anhydrous Alcohol or if there something better ? for the Polar Extraction for the good stuff in the seed.

Lucid_Dreamer

Woops, I have been missing shit like that for...
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2003, 04:42:00 AM »
Woops, I have been missing shit like that for weeks, sorry man, yeah, you can just get some 180 proof from the local liquor store for your purpose.

terbium

Alcohols
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2003, 04:44:00 AM »
You are likely to have trouble getting ahold of anhydrous alcohol. Since you don't want to use methanol then 95% reagent grade alcohol would probably be next best and after that then the Everclear.

EvilMadChemist

they dont sale nothing over EverClear 155...
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2003, 04:47:00 AM »
they dont sale nothing over EverClear 155 where i live, but i could get this

http://www.al-chymist.com/site/579340/product/D000010-32oz

Denatured Anhydrous Alcohol , but i dont know what Denatured means.

Lucid_Dreamer

Denatured means it isn't fit for ingestion, we
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »
Denatured means it isn't fit for ingestion, we have that here too, that would work even better than 180 proof, BTW what kind of country would regulate the proof of your booze, and force you to extract LSA, No Offense, I'm just curious buddy.

EvilMadChemist

california ,usa
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2003, 04:56:00 AM »
california ,usa

EvilMadChemist

they just have laws , i ve never seen anything
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2003, 04:59:00 AM »
they just have laws , i ve never seen anything above 155, nothing is forced , hah , swim just doing it for fun and just for learning new things.

Lucid_Dreamer

That's cool, in my state we are a bunch of...
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2003, 05:05:00 AM »
That's cool, in my state we are a bunch of heavy drinkin, wife beatin, pot smokin hillbillies, so things are more lax here and more on the low down than in a high profile area like that, maybe alot of alchahol poisonings there, I  still remember when I got Alchahol poising, I was cohereint nut I had a level of 1.8 and I didn't need charcoal since I hadn't had a drink since 30 minutes before the ambulance came and they gave me Librium, Librium beats the hell out of every drug I've ever had, I was still high the next morning, where I was strip searched since my blood tests also came back positive for other stuff :o  But It's not hard to get anyone's clothes off when their fucked up on Librium, anyway I digress, Good luck with the LSA.

midway

we have "95%" grain alc.
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2003, 12:24:00 AM »
we have "95%" grain alc. here...i cant believe that they dont sell that everywhere in the US. Perhaps visit a huge discount liquor outlet?
Denatured Alcohol usually means that theyve added methanol to the ethanol to make it unfit for consumption. It would be usable for your purposes here.

EvilMadChemist

well swim some how ended up with some ...
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »
well swim some how ended up with some Denatured Anhydrous Alcohol. he figured this is the best stuff he could find over anything else , since it pure and he just has to make sure its fully evaporated , before hand. he was wondering if there is any way to tell if it fully vaporated it not.