Author Topic: Chloroephedrine electroreduction at a lead cathode  (Read 14338 times)

fierceness

Re: I'm struggling to see why you'd want to...
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »

I'm struggling to see why you'd want to develope a procedure using chloroephedrine.

If you can obtain enough ephedrine to prepare enough chloroephedrine, to waste on this pursuit...you may aswell have used a HI reduction or NH3 reduction, for racemic meth, which your already versed on.

this synth is about 8-10yrs too late, maybe more. some parts of history don't need to bee written, or just don't get written, this is one of them.

P2P or the biosynth is the way of the future, my money is on the good old P2P routes, but it'd be a shame to see the biosynth go to waste...

Chloroephedrine seems easy enough to prepare, nothing like a 16hr HI reduction of pseudo.  And once you assemble the apparatus, you'd never really need to assemble it again.

Shane_Warne

i doubt it.
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »
Chloroephedrine seems easy enough to prepare,

I'm sure it is, but where is all the feedstock coming from? surely not from pills.

I'd test the earthenware vessel too, and no not all unglazed ceramic vessels pass as divided cells.

And once you assemble the apparatus, you'd never really need to assemble it again.

Wow, no need to replace the 'lectrolyte even? I didnt know that.

So far, we've got:
-An ephedrine synth
-chlorination of ephedrine
-construction or purchase of a power supply with regulation for the scientist in mind.
-several test runs to get cooling up to scratch

what else is up there? oh anthranilic acid, don't know what Ill be needing that for, but Ill chuck that in cause it said to in the paper I read on line 9months ago...but now im ready, i got all the stuff.

-failure
-failure
-failure
-start looking at other procedures
-failure
-really start to read heavily in to the other procedures
-forgotten about the electrosynth now.

I don't mean to bee synthical or anything--don't get me wrong.
;D

elektro

why not?
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »
Have a question ? Couldn't one just dump a bunch of otc cold pills in a acid-water solution using a flower pot to seperate the cell pass the current through then steam distill the methamphetamine freebase as I have read that amphetamines distill easier than psuedoephedrine.Also how many amps,And time needed per mole of psuedoephedrine

moo

I can't find the message, but I remember ...
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »
I can't find the message, but I remember reading someone trying a flower pot that was soaked in acid for a while (was it overnight? It's a shame I can't find it, negative reports are valuable) and saying that it's resistance was too high to pass enough current to be of any use. He wasn't even trying to do a reduction just test the separator. I think someone at science madness also tried a flower pot and said it sucked. One might ask if raising the voltage high enough would be a solution. In principle that would work but most likely it would only heat the cell too much. I guess you need something more porous than that.

WizardX did the current calculations already. If there is more ampere hours needed, then it is a matter of experimentation. In that case the patent could be correct on the matter. The time needed depends on the current which is related to the parameters I already described.

And please do some reading on your own too. Did you even bother reading through the thread? People like that deserve no answers.

Shane_Warne

Try a terracotta vessel as thin as you can...
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »
Try a terracotta vessel as thin as you can find, and lightly sand it inside and out, to remove any transparent glazes or other.

moo

And do the acid soak.
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »
And do the acid soak.

ChemoSabe

Hey Shane
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »
Ask Dwarfer about the Chloro

Or search on Dwarfer/electro or something similar.

Dwarfer is the local chloro/electro aficianado.

I recall some contraption he continues to bring up based on 2 liter plastic soft drink bottles (as cell dividers maybe).

Wizard X should know why the chloro compound is a desirable one to work with too.