Author Topic: Structurally simple cocaine analogs -Beagle  (Read 8387 times)

Skindeep_Assrash

Re: Structurally simple cocaine analogs -Beagle
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2001, 10:19:00 PM »
Here Yee, Here Yee!  Cocaine's NOT worth the study time! Actually, I'm typing out of my assrash again, I haven't SEEN  any decent cocaine around for sometime, it always seemed so TERRIBLE of a high. But I can remember getting some nice pink turtle shell back shale back in the late '80's. Too bad I wasn't into fixing dope back then! That would've been RAD! ;D

-Assrash Ouch!

Gen_Washington

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2001, 04:01:00 AM »
Could someone post the simple, in plain english, "I know someone with the money and equipment but not the jargon literacy" technique for making of "1M 4-
chlorophenylmagnesium bromine" ?  Thanks ahead, many. (re order that, or just forget it, or)

Bwiti

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2001, 03:09:00 PM »
4-methoxy-bromobenzene is easier to obtain. Is it worth extracting arecoline from betel nuts?

The christian god hates your soul. Care for a little necrophilia?

Rhodium

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2001, 04:48:00 PM »
4-methoxy-bromobenzene would also be easier to form the grignard reagent from (4-methoxy-phenylmagnesiumbromide has a molecular weight of 211, so a 1M solution of this would contain 211g/1000ml solution. In regards how to prepare it from 4-methoxy-bromobenzene, see step 2 in

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/4-meo-pcp.html

).

As for extracting arecoline from betel nuts, they have an alkaloid content between 0.15-0.67%, of which Arecoline is the major alkaloid. Some of the minor ones are arecaidine, guacine, guvacoline and arecolidine. I don't know how effectively arecoline could be separated from the other alkaloids, but commercial arecoline is pretty cheap anyway.

Rhodium

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2001, 10:14:00 PM »
What specific compound are you trying to make? And from what starting materials?

Rhodium

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2001, 11:31:00 PM »
I don't think you should be doing this synthesis if you are not even sure what it is you are trying to make.