Author Topic: P-benzo wacker failures...Help  (Read 4885 times)

FlaskGenie

Reply to bond_doublebond
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2003, 09:11:00 AM »
I agree Bond_doublebond.  I think naoh is a problem.  Don't know make and model of fridg comp but it came out of a functioning full size Ke***re.  I think I did not understand the importance of good vac.  Purchaced 6cfm vac pump and some dow grease and some clips.  I should have suck from hell.  When I dream w/ vac. again i will update.  Also am frac. distil nitro Bl*e Thu**er is very good brand.  Tried T**x in a red can and it was shit.  What I got to sep out was golden in color.  BTW nitro is for my al/hg dream in the future.  Wish me luck

FlaskGenie

vac pump
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2003, 09:12:00 AM »
can you tell me how you maintain that pump

FlaskGenie

maintanance
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2003, 09:13:00 AM »

Bond_DoubleBond

swim's got a yellow jacket that pulls ...
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »
swim's got a yellow jacket that pulls 30", but that kind of vacuum from a single rotor fridge compressor is remarkable to the point of skepticism.

homeslice

Back to NaCl
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2003, 07:18:00 PM »
So whats the verdict on this NaCl phase?

Skip it and use less DCM? or Include it and use the right amount of DCM?
Everyone disagrees about this when theres really only 1 best way to do it. Which way?

Just4Fun

SWIM that uses a Robinson vacuum pump ...
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2003, 10:09:00 PM »
SWIM that uses a Robinson vacuum pump maintains it by changing the oil almost every use! He first drains the old oil, then adds some more new oil. Then runs the pump for a few minutes, drains and discards that oil. Lastly, he fill the pump back up with the new oil and is ready for the next task. This is done everytime the vacuum see any kind of solvent.