Author Topic: O2 Wacker  (Read 5528 times)

TheBlindGenius

Nah, no manual shaking needed
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2003, 11:11:00 AM »
buy a Glas-Col Benchtop Shaker, only like $1300, the thing is violent!  Even on a setting of 6 (it goes to 10) it equals the best shaking you could ever do with your arms.  It's good to be back, by the way.  Computer broke, so I won't be on as often.

raffike

Only 1300$I'd better stay with hands method
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2003, 11:33:00 AM »
Only 1300$I'd better stay with hands method

pupilage

Okay I checked
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2003, 11:55:00 AM »
And this should put to rest your fears of Auto ignition for methanol under pressure.
methanol auto ignition temp 725 degrees F.
You will never get to that temp by pressure at the level you are speaking of, 200psi even in pure O2.
This should be mentioned once at least, methanol and O2 create a perfect environment for fire, so please keep away from open flame or sparks or heat source that is at the auto ignite range.

Hey Blind glad to see you posting again. Man you sure know what we shakers really want for our birthdays.
Just wish I had been better and Santa might have brought one Christmas morning. Oh well always next year 8)

majic22

swim plans on this
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »
swim has been planning on attempting to perform the O2 wacker using medical grade pure O2 inside a 2 liter bottle as mentioned in "Ketones" writeup...just because it sounds to be the easiest to make.  he's just gonna make sure he gets one that has hard plastic that wont explode under pressure.

raffike

And then ya need large quantities of PdCl2 for
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »
And then ya need large quantities of PdCl2 for such oxidations.27$ a gram was the cheapest PdCl2 i found on the net.I could probably cop some 15$ a gram from local supplier i come up with good excuse for ordering that in large quantities.I'm interested in Wacker too(actually there isn't something i'm not interested in) cuz in any way it's easier and gives higher yields than via performic.