Site > News

DEA To Update Watched Chemicals List To Include Sodium Borohydride

<< < (2/6) > >>

spice:
They're shooting fish in a barrel already

justforgear:
To begin, I don’t think this will do much in regards to people in the US obtaining any of it. It may effect US distributors primarily. Even then, I don’t quite understand it, if a distributor sells a chemical and that chemical is used by this person (unassociated with the company, only a customer) to synth a substance then the distributor gets fined $250k? That doesn’t make any sense to me. I figure if distributors mind their “P’s and Q’s” being liable for what someone does with their chemical is ridiculous. That’d be like charging acetone distributors if it’s found in a clandestine lab.

spice:
You're not American are you?

blade_runner:
Sad. When the lab is back in action (and explosion proofed) it would be interesting to pursue e.g. DOI 10.1002/aenm.201700299

Trivity:

--- Quote from: justforgear on July 09, 2023, 04:58:55 AM ---To begin, I don’t think this will do much in regards to people in the US obtaining any of it. It may effect US distributors primarily. Even then, I don’t quite understand it, if a distributor sells a chemical and that chemical is used by this person (unassociated with the company, only a customer) to synth a substance then the distributor gets fined $250k? That doesn’t make any sense to me. I figure if distributors mind their “P’s and Q’s” being liable for what someone does with their chemical is ridiculous. That’d be like charging acetone distributors if it’s found in a clandestine lab.

--- End quote ---
It's not about sense. It's about fear.  They can't completely forbid them from operating but they can nudge them into being so paranoid they can pretend to be doing things. :P

And no I think you were thinking GBL. Tempted to post a GABA to GHB route around the net wherever possible just to be petulant now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version