Author Topic: Coffee Grinders for Al preparation  (Read 4097 times)

Shane_Warne

I thought so
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2004, 04:01:00 AM »
That's what I thought, thanks DrLucifer. I was certain it was just getting finer and finer.

Aluminium powder CAN be made successfully by employing a coffee grinder, this has been tested/proven by myself!
I mean, its not exactly 400mesh when your finished, but its fine enough for use in Al/FeO thermite mixtures, and it makes pretty fuckin good flash powder, Al/KmNO4

Nice idea with the salt, Ill definetly give it a try because I know it'll work from experience.

Unlike you, ApprenticeCook.

ApprenticeCook

ok, well show us a photo after you use the...
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »
ok, well show us a photo after you use the method...
it may have small amounts of powder but not good enough for use as per al powder normally is....

Have fun, oh and remember to dry the alcohol, dr forgot to mention, dumping it into the alco which contains small amounts of water will cause...
oh... wait.... my bad, go right ahead... its ok, waters your friend.....

In my pyro days i tried to make al powder with a bean grinder with multi blades for mashing shit up, and used sand as the grind medium, didnt work so mine is from experience... eventually gave up and just went and bought the shit... chem supplier didnt seem to give a shit... and its cheap as chips so why bother?

Have fun.